Notary Rotary
If you hire cheapo notaries, here are the instructions
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2013 Index

Posted by bagger on 5/8/13 5:31pm
Msg #469234

Sunshine Signing connection USED TO BE one of my favorites.
I just turned back an assignment to them, here are their instruction;

1. Remember you are being paid to read and follow these instructions. Failure to do so may result in you having to correct documents, redo the closing, or may result in you being fined for the mistake (fines can be up to your whole fee and also any additional fee charged due to errors being made on your behalf.

2. You must call the borrower/buyer immediately upon receiving the assignment to confirm the closing time and location and marital status, unless you are told otherwise. If you are unable to reach borrower then call SSC immediately. Do NOT print the docs until the closing time and location are confirmed. We will not pay for trip fees or travel fees if you do not confirm the closing before going out. THE LEAVING OF A MESSAGE IS NOT SUFFIECIENT!

3. Print 3 copies of the HUD to be signed and returned with package.

4. Notary BEWARE: A lot of Mortgages are being rejected from recording due to the Notary Acknowledgement not being fully filled out. There can be NO blanks. The Acknowledgment must have: State, County, FULL date (Month, Day, Year), Name of person/s witnessed, form of ID verified, Signed by notary and Stamped. If this is missed, you WILL be charged the cost of rerecording along with additional shipping charges. This is usually hundreds of dollars to correct. BE THOROUGH!

5. IF THE BORROWER REFUSES TO SIGN ANYTHING YOU MUST CALL SSC IMMEDIATELY FROM THE TABLE. Please check the attached instructions as you may also be required to call the loan officer as well. IF YOU DO NOT CALL BEFORE YOU LEAVE YOU WILL NOT BE PAID. SSC- 727-817-0000.

6. If there are required fax backs on the file you must fax back the required documents. Failure to do so could result in a deduction or forfeiture of you your fee. Please be sure to fax back any required documents.

7. Sunshine Signing Connections, Inc does not pay a cancelation fee.

I turned this assignment back to them and asked to be removed from their database. I also informed them I would post this on NotRot, they said - go ahead.

Just looking for comments, does anyone else find this disrespectful?

Reply by Priscilla Witman on 5/8/13 5:39pm
Msg #469235

#2. THE LEAVING OF A MESSAGE IS NOT SUFFICIENT.
Well, you know what? Sometimes that's all we can do. I will leave a message and let the company know, I couldn't reach borrower directly. Once I do have contact with the borrower, if they actually call back, I will let them know. I don't like it, but several times in the last year, "the leaving of a message" was all I had. What would they prefer? That we call 10 times a day until we can verbally confirm?

I would have a problem with #4 in CA. Acknowledgements in CA do not contain form of ID verified; acks say "proved to me on the basis of satisfactory evidence". I'm not in the habit of ADDING more requirements than we already have in California. Maybe this is specific to whatever state SSC is in, but not in CA.

I think I'd have a problem with this too. It feels very controlling. Just my opinion.

Reply by Bee_CA on 5/8/13 6:00pm
Msg #469238

Why is the notary instructed to confirm marital status on the confirmation call? What are you supposed to do with that information once you have it?

Thanks for posting....I'll remember to say "no" if they ever call me.

Reply by Jodith/WA on 5/8/13 8:48pm
Msg #469272

If my confirmation has only one person listed, I always ask when calling the signer about marital status. If they indicate there is someone who could have community property rights, I contact the SS/escrow company to verify that they know that. I've had several times when they had to redo the paperwork based on not knowing there was a spouse/domestic partner.

Reply by snowflake/PA on 5/8/13 6:08pm
Msg #469239

Too many demands. Google is your friend. Keep marketing

to bigger and better companies. They are out there. I just touched base with 6 potential new TCs today.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 5/8/13 6:16pm
Msg #469240

Wow! With all those requirements, I'am surprised

they're not asking notary to use a webcam so SSC can personally monitor the signing. Wink

Reply by Bear900/CA on 5/8/13 6:27pm
Msg #469241

Just send THEM a check and be done with it! n/m

Reply by Belinda/CA on 5/8/13 6:49pm
Msg #469244

Just send THEM a check and be done with it! CHUCKLE!!!

Hahaha still laughing.

Reply by bagger on 5/8/13 6:59pm
Msg #469245

Re: Just send THEM a check and be done with it!

That is exactly the feeling I had!
Cut our pay, make us responsible for everything, and we end up owing????
ThAt's worse than a $50 job.

Reply by JimAZ on 5/8/13 7:24pm
Msg #469249

I quit accepting assignments from them two years ago. Did a late Friday signing on a National three day holiday which included Monday. Got a call from them Tuesday morning demanding to know where the package was and why hadn't they received it. My answer: "What planet do you live on?"

Reply by sigtogo/OR on 5/8/13 8:14pm
Msg #469261

national 3 day holiday? have I been missing something? :) n/m

Reply by JimAZ on 5/8/13 9:17pm
Msg #469277

Re: national 3 day holiday? have I been missing something? :)

You've never heard of a three day holiday weekend???????????? Last pick up on Friday at 3PM. What planet are you from???

Reply by sigtogo/OR on 5/9/13 12:41am
Msg #469295

I'm sure p/u different everywhere, but I am trying to think

of a time I wouldn't have pickup for 3 full consecutive days starting 3pm Friday until Tuesday. example, Christmas on a Saturday; yes earlier Friday drop but service would resume Monday. Holiday on Monday, I have Saturday drop. holiday on Friday, I have Saturday or Monday drop. I guess we are fortunate to have Saturday pickups here. when are you not able to drop from Friday at 3pm until Tuesday?
Not really looking for an argument nor am I questioning which planet you are from, just truly curious. maybe its just that my brain is fried from all the crazy signings of lateSmile

Reply by Belinda/CA on 5/8/13 7:55pm
Msg #469255

You left off -

>> You have to drop docs same day, unless the closing occurs after the last pickup for your area, WHICH WILL BE CHECKED BY TITLE, within 20-30 mile radius. <<

SO, you finish a signing at 5:45pm. If FedEx's cutoff by you is 5:30, but out at the airport, 30 miles away, the drop off is at 7:30, you have to book it 60 miles round trip to drop the docs same day.
Is that how you interpret this?

It just keeps getting worse.

Bear900 is right. Just send them a check and be done with it. (Still laughing even though it isn't funny.)

Reply by loancloser46 on 5/8/13 9:09pm
Msg #469276

shame that Jim from Transtate sold business to them.

Herb from Sunshine must be smoking lots of herb to think the fees they offer are fair. Instructions are on a level for morons, when you pay lowball fees thats what you get.

Reply by Belinda/CA on 5/8/13 10:20pm
Msg #469284

They have always met my fee. But these new instructions

are too much.

Reply by sigtogo/OR on 5/9/13 11:33am
Msg #469359

they've met my fees and their hold music is fun :)

while their instructions might seem a bit much, most of it is fairly typical. Its just that they elaborate. I don't get too concerned about all the verbiage and get written agreement to the parts I don't like, can't agree with, in their instructions. I don't work on commission, I have my own expectation for cancellations, etc.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.