Notary Rotary
Late docs
Notary Discussion History

Late docs
Go Back to May, 2013 Index

Posted by RIcloser on 5/17/13 10:10pm
Msg #470397

Late docs

Yikes! Just (Fri, 10:00 pm) for Sat. 9:00 am signing. Appt scheduled 3 days ago. So frustrated!
WHY??

Reply by sueharke on 5/17/13 10:15pm
Msg #470398

Poor management or planning by the producer of the docs.
Poor communication between Title, SS, signer, and notary.
SS looking for a cheaper notary.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 5/18/13 5:26am
Msg #470408

That has happened to me many times with a large national TC that many of us work with. Many times I have received docs at 11 PM or later, which is after I have gone to bed. Have to print when I get up at 6:30 AM. Yes it's frustrating.

Reply by 101livescan on 5/18/13 8:44am
Msg #470412

There is a huge, full pipeline right now with big lenders. It is difficult to get things through...sometimes it has taken so long, UWing requires updating of appraisal, credit report and supporting documentation re. income, assets, job verification, etc.

Oh, yeah, throw in a Texas tornado. A major fire occured in Southern California. Someone needs to go make a physical inspection of the property and surrounding neighborhood. Is the house even still standing? All kinds of things can delay loan documents. Mostly it's not enough hands on deck. Uh, oh. This rate lock expires and we better get a move on on file or we'll have to start all over...somehow that file got overlooked by the DOC DRAWER.

Wouldn't you love to be a fly on the wall and know exactly what makes docs unavailable until the 13th hour?

I have found I enjoy working more for LOs who have their hands on the file at all times and they never lose traction on the status of uwing, HUD review, etc. The LOs who get all the documentation at the onset of the rate lock and the borrower isn't contacted again until it's time to sign, docs are on time and correctly drawn, borrowers' names spelled correctly, impounds/no impounds.

Sure makes this business a lot more enjoyable than sitting around waiting for last minute edocs.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.