Notary Rotary
Loans rarely cancel, follow up with Escrow to check on SS
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2013 Index

Posted by Laurie Walsh on 5/17/13 10:39am
Msg #470333

I have made it policy as an independent contractor to watch out for alleged cancellations. Since 2003 I have only had two escrows fall out as borrowers cancellations. We are talking 2 out of thousands of contracted services, within 10 years. Until 2012 early 2013, while accepting assignments from a middlewoman SS.
If a middle man SS contracts you and tries to pass off cancellation after cancellation, by all means call the escrow company. They keep exact records and will give you the facts. Escrow wants the rightful parties to be paid, that is their service and are Trustees for the transaction.
Misrepresentation is fraud. Call them out. Perhaps they made a mistake. If so, they will be humble, and make it right. But if they offer hostility and a non-repentant posture, you know exactly that they are trying to rip you off.
If enough notaries call out and post on these issues, their will be pushed back and possible clash actions will initiate.

Reply by Les_CO on 5/17/13 11:59am
Msg #470342

The SS’s I work for pay me for completing the assignment. My fee has nothing to do with, and is never contingent on the loan funding.

Reply by Luckydog on 5/17/13 1:29pm
Msg #470351

Agree with Les, I will not work for a company that will not pay me regardless of funding or not. If I do my job, sign, sealed, delivered, they have to pay me for my time and expenses. Even a trip/print fee is required if they refuse to sign, something wrong with their paperwork.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.