Notary Rotary
Message Deleted
Notary Discussion History

Message Deleted
Go Back to May, 2013 Index

Posted by Laurie Walsh on 5/15/13 1:36pm
Msg #470083

Message Deleted

This message has been deleted by a forum moderator.

Reason: Author Request - Special Exception

Reply by Jessica/FL on 5/15/13 2:02pm
Msg #470093

I have worked with her for over 5 years....

I have never ever had any payment issues with Michele. She always goes above and beyond when I have questions or concerns about any of the documents. Michele has always been great to work for, meets my fees, and pays timely. Defamation is a serious issue and I hope that you are not just trying to be vindictive for other reasons.

Reply by Laurie Walsh on 5/15/13 2:55pm
Msg #470108

Re: I have worked with her for over 5 years....

I agree. Michele is fantastic. Helpful, encouraging and appreciative. She does go above and beyond. I really like her and it is very upsetting that when I approach her for payment that service was rendered 12/17/2012 and she was paid on the closing on 12/19/2012. She text me that she was NEVER PAID .She flips it saying I should expect fall out and that I am terrible to make inquiry for the top notch service I provided to her and her clients..
She told me the check is now in my mail box. We will see.
I am sure she has allot of support. I would say all the same things about her too, but, now I am in a position of constant inquiry for payment.

Reply by CinOH on 5/15/13 2:31pm
Msg #470097

Re: Superior Signing Service NON pays

If this escrow company is aware that she isn't paying people then why do they keep hiring her. Maybe you should ask your attorney if the escrow company is a party to her alleged fraud since they know she's not paying everyone involved in the transaction.

Reply by FavNotaryCA on 5/15/13 4:09pm
Msg #470116

Re: Superior Signing Service NON pays

I would guess that this notary is not being forth coming. Of course an escrow company would not do business with a service that rips people off. I pesonally know this service and their team and do several signings for them per month. They pay a higher fee and pay faster than most. I have never heard such accusations about them in the past. Very unfortunate that is lady is trying to tarnish their reputation. I have searched high and low and cant seem to find any other negative comments about them. Unfortunate.

Reply by Philip Johnson on 5/15/13 5:31pm
Msg #470127

You might want to backtrack just a bit.

" Of course an escrow company would not do business with a service that rips people off."

I bet if you go out and look at the number of poorly run SS's you would find that same # or more of title companies that do business with them.

"I would guess that this notary is not being forth coming."

A nicer way of calling somebody a liar, what basis do you have to not believe her story?

"Very unfortunate that is lady is trying to tarnish their reputation. I have searched high and low and cant seem to find any other negative comments about them. Unfortunate. "

Again how do you know what her motives are? Seems to me you are trying to tarnish the poster's image without having the facts.

Reply by Laurie Walsh on 5/15/13 6:33pm
Msg #470132

Re: You might want to backtrack just a bit.

I did recieve my check in the mail today, just like Michele told me. They were paid for the service I performed on 12/19/2012., I did the signing on 12/17 Verifiable fact. That is six months later, and after being told they were not paid..I have that in writing..
They shorted my payment, and have invited litigation. I spoke with the co owner and he does not want to pay the amount for contracted service and said to send the attorney..I tried diligently to settle with this company over the past number of months.
There were three others that they shorted me on, claiming that they did not receive payment. They only paid $25 for each assignment and put a memo that they had not been paid. I went ahead and cashed those.
Call me a liar if you want. But you are not substantiating anything.

Reply by Jessica/FL on 5/15/13 6:36pm
Msg #470133

The problem that I had is that Michele is great to me and a few other notaries that I work closely with. When the poster wrote, "I agree. Michele is fantastic. Helpful, encouraging and appreciative. She does go above and beyond. I really like her and it is very upsetting that when I approach her for payment that service was rendered 12/17/2012 and she was paid on the closing on 12/19/2012. She text me that she was NEVER PAID .She flips it saying I should expect fall out and that I am terrible to make inquiry for the top notch service I provided to her and her clients..
She told me the check is now in my mail box. We will see."

So if the check is in the mail and the poster agrees that she is making attempt at paying, I don't understand why this would be posted. IMO.

Reply by Laurie Walsh on 5/15/13 7:08pm
Msg #470137

Hi Jessica,
This has been going on for months. Michele is all of what I said while you are making money for her. But she had not been cooperative when I started asking for payment after it was 90 days past due.
Ironically. After I posted this. She messaged me to tell me the check was in the mail. In fact it was I was surprised, because this has been going on so long. I recieved payment six months after she was paid for my service with her client, She wanted me to believe she had not been paid. That is why I called her escrow and checked. They told me they paid her in full two days after. So I kept pressing into her, because it is unjust and illegal for her to withhold.
Now they shorted me..and are refusing to pay in full
If you doubt me on anything..I have the facts and can forward you email attachments to prove it if you like.
But if she is good to you, I know she is very good to her notaries that she depends on to make her money.

Reply by Luckydog on 5/15/13 7:17pm
Msg #470140

Even if Superior never got paid from title for the closing, she is still obligated to pay her notary. She hired the notary, and she did her the job. Up to Superior SS to go after the one who needs to pay her. Cost of running a business, and really a sad excuse for non payment. I wish we could all live in that world.

Reply by Jessica/FL on 5/15/13 7:37pm
Msg #470144

I just checked one of my confirmations and it states:

--Payment will be made to you as soon as we recieve payment. Payment is contingent on the sucessful close of the loan. --

The amount of work that I get from her out weighs the one or two borrowers that used the the Right of Rescission in the past 5 years.

Reply by Luckydog on 5/15/13 7:44pm
Msg #470148

Re: I just checked one of my confirmations and it states:

Wow, what a loophole there. Not fair in the least to us who use our paper, our toner, our gas and spend an hour and sometimes more with the client. If they have a change of heart after we notarize, send the package back, and do our jobs correctly, how does that give them the right to not pay us? I am glad those companies are few and far between. I suppose they do not pay for print and trip fee either?

Reply by Jessica/FL on 5/15/13 8:10pm
Msg #470154

A lot of the signings I complete are directly from Escrow.

If the file does not close, I do not get paid. I am ok with that since I get my fee of $1XX-$2XX per order.

On Michele's orders, she is always willing to work with me if there are any issues (large packets or extra trips).

Reply by FavNotaryCA on 5/15/13 8:11pm
Msg #470155

Actually they do pay a trip and print fee, and they usually do pay even if it does not close. And for standard signings they pay $100-$150. So they do make every effort to compensate us. If you know anything about Escrow Land, you know that when a deal falls out, no one gets paid. It's part of our business. I know the owners personally and from what I've heard the poster had approached the service in a very aggressive manner. Calling their client (BIG NONO) and threatening them. This Post was just her latest attempt at defamation. Just like with the finest restaurant in town. There is always someone on Yelp wanting to post how horrible they are. Same thing here.

Reply by Laurie Walsh on 5/15/13 10:31pm
Msg #470174

Yes..If the borrower cancels, then there is not any money in escrow for full payment. But this LOAN FUNDED, SSS was paid two days after I did the signing.We are today four days short of six month after the check was sent to SSS. Michele tried to have me believe she did not get paid. I have all the correspondence from her on that.
I called escrow. They were very helpful. They had said this had happened before, and they wanted to help me get paid for servicing their client.
She did tell me she was going to ask a bunch of her favored signing agents to rally and try to discredit me on this thread..so hello there all of you SSS supporters. Hi Smile
Remember when she says, "Fallout" that may mean withholding your payment and infact the loan funded fully. Beware

Reply by Jessica/FL on 5/16/13 12:12pm
Msg #470223

For the record..

I logged on to the forum yesterday morning. I saw this post and couldn't believe my eyes since I have worked with Michele for years. It is just so hard for me to believe. Michele did not ask me to post. This is not a paid notary service advertisement. Smile

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.