Notary Rotary
Mortgage Connect
Notary Discussion History

Mortgage Connect
Go Back to May, 2013 Index

Posted by Clem/CA on 5/8/13 8:57am
Msg #469128

Mortgage Connect

LOL This ain't gonna happen with me, I'll just wait in line...

Hello,
Mortgage Connect wanted to reach out to our signing agents in an effort to establish a preferred network of signing agents. Due to the industry landscape and competitive nature of the business, we would like to discuss the possibility of adding you to our preferred network of signing agents with competitive pricing in the area.

To help you make a logical business decision we want to provide an overview of how our scheduling process works. When we receive an order for a closing, the scheduler uses mapping software that shows the location, distance from closing, and signing agent's fees for all signing agents active in that area. They start with the closest, lowest priced notary first, then work up from there until they find a closing agent. If you are able to assist us with reducing your pricing, this will allow for the opportunity of more calls and ultimately more closings with Mortgage Connect. We have boarded 3 of the top 5 lenders in the country and expect volume to increase dramatically. With this volume we will be able to partner with you and provide a mutually beneficial relationship.

Please give me a call or respond to this email to let me know if you are able to reduce your pricing or if you are unable to do so. We are looking for pricing in your area to be at $80. If unable to meet this pricing, let us know what pricing works for you. Please feel free to contact me in a few months to discuss if you feel this new pricing isn’t working for you.
Thank you!
JOSHUA PETRELLA
Mortgage Connect LP
260 Airside Drive
Moon Township, PA 15108
Phone: 866-789-1814 ext. 708
Fax: 866-789-1845
[e-mail address]
www.MortgageConnectLP.com

Reply by 101livescan on 5/8/13 9:01am
Msg #469131

Another one bites the dust! Yeah!

Reply by Resilient/MD on 5/8/13 9:43am
Msg #469138

I have not received anything from Mortgage Connect and they still call me for signings. And, my fee is $xxx. Maybe it's the location. Wow, it seems as though they are expecting "dramatic" increase in volume...Then it seems they should be increasing fees.

Reply by NJW/FL on 5/8/13 12:12pm
Msg #469162

I received the same notice and I am in Central FL.

Reply by Eva75Eva on 5/8/13 9:43am
Msg #469137

I've been "locked out" of their system because my fees are

too high for them. They only call when desperate. I don't really miss Mortgage Connect-couldn't stand the ever increasing list of faxbacks.

Reply by MW/VA on 5/8/13 9:54am
Msg #469139

I've only done a few for them & they do meet my fee & pay quickly.
I got an email with a certification test & "code of conduct" form to be returned. I went ahead & did it just for fun. This is the only co. that has come up with extensive requirements like this. I don't know that it's a bad thing to try to weed out the notaries that are out there that are doing an inferior job, but this is a little over the top.

Reply by GY_CT on 6/17/13 1:43pm
Msg #473660

You said it! They're not looking for notaries, they're looking for robots. Just take a look at those rules!!

Reply by ME/NJ on 5/8/13 10:02am
Msg #469143

Going to say it has been over a year since I have taken work from them, since they dropped fee below $100. Last call was a month ago for $85 with fax backs after I countered with my rate they looked for someone else. MC does make you jump through tons of hoops for a small fee.

I kept getting emails that I would be removed and they do still call. I send updated info when requested, but have not signed new agreements in a very long time.

Reply by Notarysigner on 5/8/13 10:19am
Msg #469147

I've never worked for them although they have sent email after email for signings. I need more info than the email provides so I cannot agree to a fee without knowing how many bwrs, type of Loan, etc. Luckily, I was able to stop the email unlike some others.

Reply by jnew on 5/8/13 12:47pm
Msg #469169

The borrower pays no less when the notary fee goes down. Middleman profit goes up and the notary pays for it. What kind of deal is that?

Reply by ME/NJ on 5/8/13 2:05pm
Msg #469186

Funny just got a email from Amber about test

My reply was no thank you..

Reply by ajd/pa on 5/8/13 3:21pm
Msg #469210

Got that e-mail a few weeks ago and posted about it. The "lock out" fee they quoted me, I think, was $85. Sent her (got the same letter from a different person) a note saying I could not accept that fee so lock me out. Her response back was along the lines of "ok, thanks for letting us know". I am sure I will get something from them when they get desperate enough.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.