Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Narcissism vs living with intention (good intentions)
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2013 Index

Posted by 101livescan on 5/19/13 8:50am
Msg #470478

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder

It's been a long time since I took psychology, sociology, human geography 101 in college. Yet, I recognize narcissism immediately and see it more and more every day in our world. Maybe it's every where, it seems to be spreading like wild fire. If you have the time today, read the wikipedia link above. Amazing. Narcissism is everywhere.

Not everyone has good intentions. Living with good intention comes from the heart and the brain. Sadly, I'm witnessing our own industry sagging in the good intention department. Narcissism seems to rule. Conscience is predicated on empathy. One puts oneself in other people's "shoes" and feels the way they do. Without empathy, there can be no love or conscience. The narcissist has neither. No empathy, conscience, shame, feelings, and so forth.
These things are not organs that can be cut out. They are mental processes that the human brain is wired for. But things happen to people as soon as they hit this earth, that set the stage for living with good intentions or narcissistic behavior. A human condition.

A little heavy for Sunday morning reading? Sorry, I've been thinking about this a lot lately. Looking in on the Jody Arias trial in recent months, the Boston bombers, Bernie Madoff, Angelo Mazulo, just to mention a few, we're surrounded!

Then there are the companies in our business who are intentionally hoarding all the notary fees low/slow pay, no pay, fulfilling their narcissistic ways without empathy, conscience, shame, feelings and so forth.

The next time you're offered $20 to $90 for a signing that could involve edocs, faxbacks and as many notarizations or more than the fee you're offered, intentionally say NO! Also, I see some companies want you to fax back to a toll number, which means while you're faxing away, you're running up your own telephone charges to transmit, and it takes time to do that. Further eroding the fee you've agreed to accept.

Have a great Sunday. I'm pulling weeds with intention! High fire conditions. We could use a good rain storm around here.

Reply by BrendaTx on 5/19/13 10:28am
Msg #470490

Notaries, in general, are a group ripe for plucking as far as making money off of them is concerned.

The very idea that the conference in Austin this year will cost notaries between $499 and $599 just to attend is unbelievable. It is shocking, but notaries pay it.

Reply by CJ on 5/20/13 12:14am
Msg #470547

There are many narcissists in my family. It breaks my heart because I love them, but they have no problem using me or even making me cry for sport. I have to remind myself that they are narcissists, and I can't expect anything from them. It took me years to figure out what was going on and I thought it was "my fault" that they constantly abused me. Now I know I am just a handy target, and I don't take it personally anymore.

Reply by Kathleen Bagley on 5/20/13 1:35pm
Msg #470598

Hear!Hear!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.