Notary Rotary
National Notary Association
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2013 Index

Posted by IAC on 5/21/13 11:58am
Msg #470754

How do you feel about the National Notary Association? Is it worth the fee to belong? Does it help in getting on title co. list? Any feedback greatly appreciated.

Reply by BrotherOwner on 5/21/13 12:09pm
Msg #470757

Del Shannon impression inserted here RUNAWAY. (for the youngsters)

Reply by Yoli/CA on 5/21/13 12:14pm
Msg #470759

A little comparison IAC.

Would you go into a Ford dealership and ask how they feel about Chevrolet?

Please use orange "search" button above and input NNA or XYZ (most people here refer to that organization as XYZ as it is a competitor). You'll find out how we feel about them.

Reply by IAC on 5/21/13 1:28pm
Msg #470774

I did not realize that they are competitors, for one they do not have a forum at least I don't think they do.

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 5/21/13 1:37pm
Msg #470777

They have several LinkedIn groups and a Facebook page.

I think it's not so much that they are competitors as that a LOT of the notaries here do not like them at all. Others, such as myself, are fairly neutral. Well, I'm very critical of them, but I don't necessarily hate them. There are a couple here who have been honored by them... but I don't think you'll find many NNA cheerleaders here.

They are known to publish and give out incorrect and misleading information. They also are a marketing machine.

Reply by MW/VA on 5/21/13 1:42pm
Msg #470781

They are competitors from the point that they sell training,

supplies, E&O Insurance, etc. All that is offered here on NR. Also, we're careful about bashing that org, regardless of our experience with them, because of liable issues.
I was involved with them in the beginning, but have no use for them now.

Reply by ToniK on 5/21/13 12:55pm
Msg #470764

98% of Title companies have no idea who that org is....Mostly SS is on that list.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.