Notary Rotary
Need Help! question for an acknowledgment
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2013 Index

Posted by dawn/IL on 5/4/13 1:46am
Msg #468695

Did a refi closing in illinois for an out of state title company. Everything is great but there is an assignment of mortgage with an acknowledgement on the second page. Do I just ignore this and send it back unstamped and unsigned, since there was no officer there to sign it for the corp?
It states:

The Foregoing instrument was acknowledged before me on this _________
by,___________________(Name and Title of corporate officer/member/manager/partner/agent)
of _____________(Name of Lender) a Tennessee (State) Tennessee Corp.(Type of Entity) on behalf of the Tennessee Corporation.

Signature of person taking acknowledgment
Title
Serial Number
(Seal)

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 5/4/13 3:05am
Msg #468697

Return it blank. It's not one for you.

Sorry so short, using phone to reply.

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 5/4/13 5:56am
Msg #468699

I agree not for you to fill out.

Reply by Linda Juenger on 5/4/13 10:53am
Msg #468734

Dawn, remember that we notarize signatures, not documents. There is no place on this form for the borrowers to sign, therefore we do not notarize this.

Reply by MikeC/TX on 5/4/13 6:22pm
Msg #468764

The assignment of mortgage document is something that occasionally appears in a package, just because it's part of the file. It has nothing to do with the BO; it's only there because at some point in the future (possibly the same day the loan funds), the lender is selling the loan to someone else. Nothing there for you to be concerned with.

Reply by dawn/IL on 5/4/13 6:47pm
Msg #468766

Thank you all for you reply..
I was 95 % sure i didnt have to do anything with it
But needed to make sure.
Glad i didnt do anything with it!! Appreciated your help.
Dawn

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.