Ok for FL notaries or anyone who has dealt with or works
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2013 Index

Posted by C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 5/13/13 12:19pm
Msg #469757

for Marriot Vac Club International...

I received a call for general notary work to have an 80 yr old gentleman sign this warranty deed that was previously signed by him, but not witnessed or notarized back in 2010.

I'm informed by the "client" that he has current credentials and this is quite "spry".

She's faxed me the warranty deed, but I'm still suspicious as the client is Marriott Vacation International.

Question: What the hell does this company have to do with real estate? She got my name from the XYZ website as she herself is a notary public.

Oh and I just saw the date on the warranty deed is 2008...wtf?

If anyone knows or has worked with them, please let me know. I'm thinking this is a huge scam.

TIA!

Reply by rengel/CA on 5/13/13 12:33pm
Msg #469760

It's a timeshare n/m

Reply by C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 5/13/13 12:36pm
Msg #469762

figured this out, just need a FL notary to contact me about

this. I'm thinking he can't sign a 2008 Warranty Deed, am I wrong or right?

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 5/13/13 12:45pm
Msg #469765

If it's a Warranty Deed, yes he can acknowledge

that he signed it in 2008 - nothing wrong there.

The wrong will be that the witnesses didn't see him sign it - so he'll have to sign it again..and, of course, as I know you're aware, your cert will be the current date - hope THEY realize this. Gotta hope the signer has current ID and is aware enough to do it now.

Looks like they're trying to fix a huge "oopsie".

Reply by Keys_Notary on 5/13/13 12:34pm
Msg #469761

I've worked with Marriot Vacation Club many times. They are timeshares & on the level. I've never had a warranty deed that was 'pre-dated' mine have always been for the day of signing. Oh, they pay within a week or two, Also Hilton Grand are easy & pay well too.

Reply by Malbrough_LA on 5/14/13 9:09am
Msg #469840

Interesting word choice

Is the signing that which is quite "spry" or is it the elderly gentleman? I'd love to know ahead of time whether I'm dealing with a lively signing or a vigorous aged citizen capable of outmaneuvering me via Parkour training.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.