Notary Rotary
Premier Signing Service in OH
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2013 Index

Posted by ajd/pa on 5/7/13 4:31pm
Msg #469053

OK, so I must have fallen for their line back in Feb. Still waiting on payment from them. Have called and e-mailed several times. Just called ULS (lender for closing) who said they paid Premier, so they are out of it. Anyone have any ideas of how I can get paid for this one? (fortunately it is just one job). Lesson learned, but would still like to know if/when/how I can get paid.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 5/7/13 4:40pm
Msg #469055

TC can say it's not their problem, but it is. See recent Msg #468913. I keep pushing buttons until somebody involved in the transaction pays me.

Reply by Edward Cooke on 5/7/13 5:13pm
Msg #469066

This isn't as hard as some make it out to be; if you don't get paid, do what other sub-contractors do: file a mechanic's lien against the property and either get paid or foreclose the lien.

Reply by Bob_Chicago on 5/7/13 5:28pm
Msg #469073

File a mechanic's lien against the property?????

You have provided neither material nor services that improve or repair the property.
I do not believe that you have mechanic's lien rights in any state.
Further the property owner ( borrower) has paid for the services which you provided through the title Co.
It would be unjust, and probably illegal for you to attempt to lien and/or attempt to foreclose on their property.

Reply by MW/VA on 5/7/13 7:17pm
Msg #469085

That's really bad advice. The borrowers don't hire us and

I'd never go to them to try to collect in any way.
The only one really responsible for payment is the party that hired you.

Reply by MW/VA on 5/7/13 7:18pm
Msg #469086

Your advice could be considered UPL. n/m

Reply by John E. Rogers on 5/7/13 5:15pm
Msg #469067

The only Premier I know of is in CA (Premier Reverse Mortgages) and have not heard from them...ever. I urge caution...several SS in NE and NW OH keep changing names to duck paying NSA's. I'll post if I can find the info...sorry, do not have it off the top of my head. My guess is that the co you seek is in Independence or Macadonia, OH

jer/oh

Reply by BobtheElder on 5/7/13 6:21pm
Msg #469078

Did one for them last week. Had turned it back initially, but they offered to pay via Paypal before pkg was dropped and they came through the next day with payment.

Reply by Veronica Cosby, Cosby Inc. on 6/13/13 2:14pm
Msg #473197

Paypal is a smart move! I owe me from March, refuse to answer emails or call.

Reply by Doris_CO on 5/7/13 7:09pm
Msg #469083

ajd/pa, you said you contacted the lender. The lender hires a title company to handle the funding. Contact the title company. They are responsible for funding the loan and paying the vendors and they need to know that Premier is not paying the Notaries that are hired for the signing. Also, if you haven't already, do a search on this site for Premier Signing Services. Others have had a problem with payment and have posted how they received their money.

Reply by ajd/pa on 5/7/13 8:14pm
Msg #469096

Thank you Doris. I did a search and found some things. I called ULS and talked to them. They were the ones who said they paid Premier and said I should call them. My problem is not being able to get someone to answer the phone or return an e-mail (besides the auto reply). I may snail mail an invoice and fax one also just to see if they go through. I was doing well with getting paid for all of my assignment for the last few years (only not paid on one, SS folded) until this one. Can I tell Comcast that I am not paying them this month, like some of these companies seem to do?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.