Notary Rotary
Printing Costs
Notary Discussion History

Printing Costs
Go Back to May, 2013 Index

Posted by walthtz on 5/23/13 8:28pm
Msg #471066

Printing Costs

I know that printing costs are like the gas prices. Very High!
Has anyone thought of using the Duplex in their printers for the BR's copies.
It sure would cut down on the amounts of paper we go thru.
Just a thought & I know this would only be cost effective for those that are able to print
via duplex.
For others I would think it would take too much time to keep turn the docs over & keep them in order.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 5/23/13 8:33pm
Msg #471067

And what do you do if you have to pull a copy from

the borrowers' set? You're stuck.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 5/23/13 9:07pm
Msg #471072

My printer can automatically print duplex but I choose to print the borrowers' copy on one side anyway, in case they mess up and a page needs to be switched out.

Reply by ME/NJ on 5/23/13 9:20pm
Msg #471075

One - what if you need to use there copy. Two - using Duplex option on most machinces puts lots of stress on them it is not one or two pages. Three- work for better pay.. its not like you are new to this.

Reply by Bip on 5/24/13 12:28am
Msg #471091

When I book the appointment I ask them if they would like there 100+ pages scanned to a disc. 80% or more of my borrowers do. This saves a ton of p&p cost. You have to be careful that they do not screw up. If they do they can pop the disc in their computer, and I also keep a printer and lap top in my trunk, just in case I need to print on the go.

Reply by sealed/CA on 5/24/13 12:31am
Msg #471092

Be careful Bip. Most hiring parties do not want you copying the BO's docs to a CD. They are paying you to print a copy. Make sure you have permission from the hiring party.

Reply by Bip on 5/24/13 6:20am
Msg #471098

Thanks for the warning..much appreciated. Most of my business is direct with escrows and title. I have spoke with them about it.They want what is best for the client., the borrower's are thrilled to be offered a CD. They have their copy in a much more preferred way on CD, and if they want paper, they say so. Some ask for paper and CD..
The middle men signing companies rates are cut so low even at XXX, it does not even cover the notary signature count for the most part an the majority of lender packages. I ask the borrower in the rare occasion that I will take these type of calls as well.

Reply by VT_Syrup on 5/24/13 8:56am
Msg #471112

The electronic signature laws have specific requirements when documents are to be provided to a signer electronically rather than on paper. I do not pretend to understand how or if these requirements apply to real estate transactions. It is very wise that you spoke to escrow/title before doing this, and I hope anyone else thinking of providing CDs will do the same. It isn't just up to the borrower; all parties must be on board with electronic documents.

Reply by Doris_CO on 5/24/13 3:41am
Msg #471096

The loan packages we receive are not set up for duplex printing. Plus, you're still using the same amount of toner, just less paper. You might end up with the first page of the DOT/Mortgage, which is on legal, printing on the back of a letter size document. Your best choice is to try to reduce the amount you pay for toner and paper or increase your fee by $5.00 or $10.00.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.