Notary Rotary
Question about GFE
Notary Discussion History

Question about GFE
Go Back to May, 2013 Index

Posted by Glenna Webb on 5/31/13 10:41am
Msg #471812

Question about GFE

In going through the paperwork for the GFE..I noticed the date the interest rate was available was 5/30/13...should it be today's date 5/31/2013? Thank you!

Reply by ToniK on 5/31/13 10:43am
Msg #471813

IMHO who cares what the GFE says. It's not our problem nor a doc required signature. Can't even remember the last time I reviewed a GFE. Lol it's just a Good Faith Estimate!

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 5/31/13 10:52am
Msg #471816

Agree with Toni - not your problem.

That's between the borrowers and the LO...

And friendly word of advice - if this is a RESPA signing...if you're not a licensed loan originator be careful doing these as a notary - may be illegal for you (I say may as the jury seems to be out on this). Read S.A.F.E. Act - search here...

But again...contents of docs not your problem.

JMO

Reply by Glenna Webb on 5/31/13 11:19am
Msg #471820

Re: Agree with Toni - not your problem.

Thank you for the responses! I did go back and look up the discussions for the the SAFE act and declined to do the RESPA. Glad there is such a wealth of information on this board. Thank you again for your wonderful responses.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 5/31/13 11:05am
Msg #471818

Are you confusing GFE & HUD maybe? n/m

Reply by Yoli/CA on 5/31/13 11:16am
Msg #471819

Re: Are you confusing GFE & HUD maybe?

Either way, Glenna, contents of docs not our concern. We concern ourselves with proper ID, no blanks in doc to be notarized, signature and compliant notary certificate.

Yes, as an NSA, we present docs; we point out the terms of the loan as stated on HUD-1 and Note; we point out vesting as stated on Deed of Trust/Mortgage. However, any question regarding terms should be referred to LO.

JMO

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.