Notary Rotary
Scan documents
Notary Discussion History

Scan documents
Go Back to May, 2013 Index

Posted by pat/WA on 5/16/13 4:16pm
Msg #470258

Scan documents

We have an HP Office Pro 8600 scanner. Anyone know how to scan legal size documents. So far I can only scan letter size

Reply by Luckydog on 5/16/13 4:39pm
Msg #470261

I use a brother all in one...if the same, you have to go into your configurations on the scanner part and change them there. Took me a long time to figure it out. lol

Reply by sueharke on 5/16/13 5:00pm
Msg #470263

i have the HP officejet 6700 premium model. I use the HP Scan software on my computer to select the paper size. When I select legal, it says to use only the form feeder and not the face plate. Maybe this is similar for your model.

Reply by pdl/cali on 5/17/13 12:33am
Msg #470301

I have that same printer that I use for my scans and faxes. I have not had any problems scanning both letter and legal. Check your settings, or reload it. I use my Brother printer for printing only. The HP, is great for scanning.

Reply by KarenVentura on 5/17/13 9:17am
Msg #470322

I have two printers The HP 8600 Plus and a Laser Brother. To scan on Legal on the HP you have to go into HP Assistant (you should have an Icon on your screen) under Scan change the paper from letter to legal. Then you can scan from the glass and it should scan the full legal page. If you use the color screen on the printer push Scan it will feed through the feeder on the printer legal size. To go back to letter you have to repeat the process.
You can also set up a file folder for the scans to go to. Hope this helped! Karen

Reply by pat/WA on 5/17/13 11:56am
Msg #470341

Thanks. We will try that

Reply by walthtz on 5/17/13 1:25pm
Msg #470349

Look at your settings.
Depends on the machine, but there may be a setting for the orginal to be legal.
On my Xerox, I have to first put the paper in the ADF for the maching to see & then The legal selection is there to select.
Walt

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.