Notary Rotary
Signing at Annual Memorial Day Concert
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2013 Index

Posted by ikando on 5/22/13 7:43pm
Msg #470948

I received a mass email request for a signing for 10:00 a.m. on Friday offering $95. This signing will be taken by someone else, I'm sure, but here's why I requested much more in my response.

In addition to being over 50 miles one way, the place indicated to meet the signer is the venue for a three-day rock concert held in a field. It's become very popular, and draws artists such as Guns n Roses and Alice in Chains this year. The concert doesn't start until mid-afternoon Friday, but the crowds start gathering and fighting for good spots on Wednesday. To get into the grounds is $79.

Now, unless the signer was willing to meet somewhere in the little town close to the field, it could be interesting to try to locate the signer, and to find a place to conduct the signing. Plus the entry fee is almost as much as the payment for the closing. But, like I said, someone else will probably jump on it without realizing what's going on.

Reply by CarolF/NC on 5/22/13 8:50pm
Msg #470955

LOL n/m

Reply by Lee/AR on 5/22/13 9:05pm
Msg #470956

I'd really have to question the common sense of all the parties involved who thought a concert is a really good place to sign loan docs. What is wrong with all of 'em?

Reply by ikando on 5/22/13 9:23pm
Msg #470957

Lee, I have a feeling nobody realized what is involved and thought it was a place of business.

Reply by SharonMN on 5/23/13 9:54am
Msg #470991

My guess is that they told the borrower it HAD to be signed that day, and he/she replied, "Well, this is where I'm gonna be."

Could work if the borrower agreed to meet you outside the gate or nearby. I'd never agree to meet inside.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 5/23/13 7:56pm
Msg #471059

That may not be good enough... What about traffic? It could be a nightmare even trying to get close. Not something I'd want to deal with unless I was keen on going to the concert!

Reply by MW/VA on 5/22/13 9:32pm
Msg #470960

That's a funny story. ;-) LOL n/m

Reply by 101livescan on 5/23/13 1:31am
Msg #470970

Ambitious, at best, and completely ludicrous. I did a signing for Guns and Roses at the Santa Barbara Biltmore in 2002, on a July 4th weekend, and I was paid $400 for about 1/2 hour's work, they fed me caviar and champagne and gave me one of their CDs. I had not intended to be working that day, but as it turned out, it was a BONUS day.

Memorable and a great group of artists.

Reply by pdl/cali on 5/23/13 1:35am
Msg #470971

Wow!!!! I love Guns and Roses, Lucky Lady.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.