Notary Rotary
Signing in OR jail
Notary Discussion History

Signing in OR jail
Go Back to May, 2013 Index

Posted by ApplePie on 5/27/13 4:41pm
Msg #471396

Signing in OR jail

Help please... Has anyone had any signings in Oregon jails? I have one next week. The inmate ID just has a picture, name and booking number. Is this acceptable ID?

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 5/27/13 4:51pm
Msg #471397

Re: Signing in OR jail...from your handbook

"If a person is confined in a correctional facility and needs to have documents notarized, identification used to identify the person incarcerated shall be that which is used in the facility to positively identify through examination or comparison of official government documents or records."

Page 23 http://filinginoregon.com/forms/pdf/notary/1500.pdf

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 5/27/13 4:56pm
Msg #471399

See your handbook, page 24. That, and everything else an Oregon notary needs to know to be an Oregon notary is in there.

Reply by ApplePie on 5/27/13 4:59pm
Msg #471401

Thank you! I just wanted to make sure I could accept an ID with picture and name only and see if others were accepting inmate IDs as well.

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 5/27/13 5:18pm
Msg #471402

BTW... not to beat a dead horse...

but ... the Oregon handbook actually has a diagram on how to enter multiple notarized docs for one signer, which includes ditto marks, diagonal lines, abbreviations and one signature, sure to cause dizzying apoplexy among many CA notaries *and* probably the CA SOS office, too. It's an amazing thing to see. It's the kind of stuff that if a CA notary did they'd find themselves in handcuffs (according to some).

In any case, the OR handbook is truly a user friendly document! It's far far more helpful than California's. It also includes many other diagrams on how to fill out a journal under varying circumstances. Wonder why CA SOS can't be bothered to do the same thing in our handbook? Certainly would be extremely helpful to all CA notaries. Mostly the CA SOS office just likes to whine, as far as I can tell, dream up idiotic questions for the test and fatten its bottom line off fees from tens of thousands of notary applications. But that's just MO.

Reply by Stephanie Santiago on 5/28/13 3:22pm
Msg #471469

I use to enter information in my journal with ditto marks a

long time ago - one sig on a line for multiple docs...

Reply by Robert522TX on 5/27/13 6:00pm
Msg #471405

Don't whine when they screw you over! n/m

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 5/27/13 6:03pm
Msg #471406

Umm...wrong thread, Robert? :) n/m

Reply by Robert522TX on 5/27/13 6:41pm
Msg #471410

Re: Umm...wrong thread, Robert? :) yep, sorry! n/m

Reply by Philip Johnson on 5/27/13 8:13pm
Msg #471412

Get paid up front in cash,

there's a reason they are in jail.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.