Msg #469653

I wonder what's up with these $85 fee offers?????? n/m

Reply by Lee/AR on 5/11/13 8:59am
Msg #469654

Why not--if people take 'em? $75--anyone? n/m

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 5/11/13 9:18am
Msg #469655

This is who offered me $50 for a structured settlement

So sad their fees have fallen like they have - they used to be great to work with.

Reply by hodgy on 5/11/13 12:00pm
Msg #469663

Just give them your fee - it's as simple as that ..... n/m

Reply by Lisa Cirillo on 5/13/13 10:33am
Msg #469752

Re: Just give them your fee - it's as simple as that .....

I think I've done one job for them, but they met my fee. I've gotten a few calls for those $85 edoc jobs and have countered with my fee. The typical answer from them, we'll see if we can get that approved. No call back so someone out there did the job.

Reply by Rita Adu on 5/13/13 12:45pm
Msg #469764

They still owe me from March

I sent them an e-mail & got no response. They called me last week to do another signing & I told them that it wasn't possible as they still owed me money. She told me to "hold on" and she would transfer me to the accounts payables. Sixty seconds later I heard a dial tone..............

The problem is that the borrowers terminated after 2 hours of asking question after question after question. I had to contact the SS, Title Company, and Lender on several occassions. It was truly the WORST singing I've ever had. For Skye to not pay me on this one just adds insult to injury. I only get about 2 or 3 a year from them & can't remember having a problem with them agreeing to my fee. It's a TSI and I'm VERY tempted to contact TSI. Any suggestions?

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 5/13/13 1:08pm
Msg #469768

Re: They still owe me from March

"...the borrowers terminated after 2 hours of asking question after question after question."

I think this is your problem. Unless agreed in advance, I don't think they pay for no-signs. I would send them a bill for whatever you expected to be paid for a no-sign - my no-sign fee is 50% of the agreed fee - but that doesn't count any fee for me to sit there for 2 hours trying to resolve issues - that would be full fee.

Yeah..I'd bill them, with a polite note reminding them what happened with this particular signing and why you expected to be paid. And yes, I would send a copy to TSI too. However, be prepared to (a) not get paid, and/or (b) never get calls from them again.

And lesson learned. Never sit with anyone for 2 hours trying to resolve the issues with a loan signing. If borrowers have that many questions, someone didn't do their job and it wasn't you. After about 30 minutes of questions you let them know they'll need to reschedule after they've had all their questions answered, pack up your toys and go home. And send your bill. You just burned a lot of printing, travel time and table time for nothing and on something that should have been settled long before you got to the table.

JMO

Reply by Lisa Cirillo on 5/13/13 2:17pm
Msg #469781

When they asked numerous questions, did you suggest calling their LO to get some answers or call the company that had hired you? That way, they would know at that moment that you were there doing your job and perhaphs some things could have been resolved.

I've never had this happen but I have had to call and get questions answered.

I hope it all works out for you and you can get paid.

Reply by Rita Adu on 5/13/13 5:22pm
Msg #469809

Thanks Lisa. We spoke with the LO and the Title Company several times. I usually can handle these difficult borrowers very well, but this was a rare exception. I don't know how I could have handled this one any differently.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.