Notary Rotary
Techie help
Notary Discussion History

Techie help
Go Back to May, 2013 Index

Posted by Paula Yakey on 5/2/13 7:59am
Msg #468227

Techie help

I got a message when I tried to use IE that is had stopped working. I went to my control panel and tried to uninstall IE and reinstall it. It was not there. It says I have IE9 but it does not work. I have searched here and on the web and done a scan of my computer to no avail. I can not tell you what happened to make this message come up as I mostly use FireFox. Any ideas? Thanks!!

Reply by bagger on 5/2/13 8:43am
Msg #468234

Re-boot n/m

Reply by Paula Yakey on 5/2/13 8:46am
Msg #468235

Re: Re-boot

Yep did that several times...but thanks.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 5/2/13 8:54am
Msg #468236

Have you tried to restore to a date when it was working fine?

Reply by Paula Yakey on 5/2/13 9:12am
Msg #468239

Yes and it does no good. I have placed a call to my internet provider...AT&T but I am sure they will not be able to help me as they do not service browsers. I am at a loss...and highly frustrated! Frown

Reply by Pam/NM on 5/2/13 9:25am
Msg #468240

Try Chrome

I had something similar happen...I just installed Chrome and use it almost exclusively. After that I re-installed IE. V-e-r-y occasionally I will get docs or have a web confirmation that is supported only by IE, but other than that I'm loving Chrome. Besides, it has a spellchecker Smile

Reply by sueharke on 5/2/13 4:02pm
Msg #468384

Once your computer is working correctly, buy a program that allows your to backup your harddrive completely, including the boot sector. Backup the correct work computer to an external USB HD. This way you can restore your computer HD if something goes wrong in the future. I use Acronis to accomplish this and backup all Windows computers. I have restored a laptop at least twice using this method. I also used it when the HD was about to die and the shop use the backup drive to restore everything to the new HD.

Reply by Clem/CA on 5/2/13 9:53am
Msg #468246

install IE 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/downloads/ie-10/worldwide-languages

Reply by C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 5/2/13 9:55am
Msg #468248

Use Google Chrome, less issues if any..IE sucks and I don't

use anymore...for the same reason and others.

Reply by Paula Yakey on 5/2/13 11:44am
Msg #468287

Re: Techie help-update

Found I had IE 10 so I uninstalled it and now it works fine. Thanks for all the help and advice.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.