The Notary Spot
Go Back to May, 2013 Index

Posted by obbie on 5/23/13 7:00pm
Msg #471055

The Notary Spot

has anyone worked for The Notary Spot. They are not listed in signing central

Reply by Linda Juenger on 5/23/13 7:54pm
Msg #471058

I was called by them today also and I was already booked. I looked in SC and they are not listed. However, if you do a search, there are some comments on the plus side.

Reply by Vincent Spilotro on 5/23/13 8:08pm
Msg #471062

They dont pay.

Reply by Michael Tomlinson on 5/26/13 10:29am
Msg #471326

You had a closing on 01/08/2013. You arrived at the closing, it ended up being a no-sign. You did not call us or notify us. We have an "after hours or questions during the closing" number listed on the confirmation. It says on the confirm if you do not call us and let us know it is a no sign you will not be paid. We didn't find out until 2 days later when a very upset title company was calling us asking where the package was at because it hadn't been delivered. We called you and you said they didn't close. According to the confirm no fee is due. You sent an email on April 11th asking for payment. We looked at the order and saw the notes. No fee is due. After a phone call in early May from you asking for payment, I spoke with you and said I would go ahead and pay you a trip and print fee. We put the order in for payment. The check was cut on 05/13/2013 with our weekly check run. That check, along with the check for 200.00 for the closing you performed on 04/25/2013 (your statement that we are a no pay company when you closed 04/25/2013 and check was cut on 05/13/2013 is absurd and offensive) was enveloped, sealed, stamped and was dropped along with approx 500 checks on Friday. I feel I went above and beyond paying you for a closing when you didn't have the courtesy to notify us that the closing did not occur. Your actions almost lost me a customer. I am always able to be reached. I make it a point to be accessible to the notaries that close for my company. The after hours and questions during the closing number listed is my personal cell phone. I have it with me at all times. I sleep with it on my pillow. There is no excuse not to notify the hiring entity that the deal is not closing.

Reply by Vincent Spilotro on 5/30/13 7:30pm
Msg #471755

I got paid for both last week. I did call from the closing. It was a 2.5 hour drive total.

Reply by Vincent Spilotro on 5/23/13 8:06pm
Msg #471061

I have. They have two names, also known as Mid-States, perhaps to keep you confused on which one ows you money. Notary Spot owes me $200, they told me "the check is in the mail... should get it in a couple days" 3 or 4 times. Still havent been paid. Mid-States owes me from a signing back in JANUARY, again, "the check is in the mail". They even sent me an email after I had called them 4 times saying they sent the check. Neither one of these companys has paid me, and I refuse signings from them. My partner also has turned down several signings from them, and told them she wont work for them until I get paid. Sending the invoices to a collection agency now. If you like to work for free, take lots of signings from them.

Reply by Vincent Spilotro on 5/30/13 7:28pm
Msg #471754

I got paid for both last week.

Reply by RIcloser on 5/23/13 11:01pm
Msg #471085

Had one, got paid in 45

Reply by bfrank14 on 5/24/13 12:52pm
Msg #471144

They just called me for one. Lender i have never heard of and with fax backs. I am pretty busy today and i don't think they liked my fee. Now i am glad i didn't take it

Reply by Mary Stier on 5/28/13 8:40am
Msg #471426

Closing held on 4/22 and recd. check 5/21. No problems at all with this company. I would work for them again.

Reply by Tudi/CA on 7/14/13 1:30am
Msg #476756

I did a signing for them on 6/04/2013. They offered to pay me $ xxx. for a 75 page document at a signing location 3 miles from my home. They paid me on 7/12/2013. This was my first experience with them, and everything went fine. Based upon my initial experience, I would work for them again.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.