Notary Rotary
The Squeeze
Notary Discussion History

The Squeeze
Go Back to May, 2013 Index

Posted by Erric Davis on 5/2/13 10:17pm
Msg #468459

The Squeeze

Today I got a phone call from xyznotary regarding my account. Met my first ever fast talking con-woman, who is in the wrong line of work. She claimed to be a notary who's been in the business for the past 15 years. She badgered me for not paying the $225.00 to be on the top of the list for my area, also said that the usual price was $275.00 but she was giving me a break. She told me that the best companies visit their website first, then Notary Rotary and runner up Notaryxyz. She also told me that things are slow right now, so I'd better get on board before things started to pick up. I told her that my Mother-in-law did 7 signings in one day last week and generally stays busy with two signings per day. She practically called me a liar, said there's no way that one person could do 7 signings in a day. Be that as it may, I was slightly amused that someone who's in the same line of work would go to such lengths to attempt to con me out of my money. Thankfully I've seen much better con deals on a back alley in Thailand, (don't ask).

Reply by CarolF/NC on 5/2/13 10:55pm
Msg #468477

My discount was $275, then a day later it was reduced,

I hung up and she called back twice. Really. We talk about boycotting low paying SS I wish people would boycott this advertising site.

Reply by ToniK on 5/2/13 11:03pm
Msg #468483

there was a discussion on linkedin about how the owners are unprofessional and treat notaries like crap and thats why these notaries no longer have an account on there. I had a similar situation a few years ago when it was time to renew...yea I dont have a profile on there anymore.

One of my mentorees had a horrible phone discussion with the guy and said he was very nasty. She had paid for one of the top spot. I think she paid several hundred dollars and she demanded a refund due to his snotty attitude.

Reply by Erric Davis on 5/2/13 11:13pm
Msg #468487

I just can't see paying that much for a spot on a website. Funny thing, I've gotten more business using Signing Central and working the phones. She countered with Title and Escrow companies not wanting to talk to notaries shows you're green when you call them.

Reply by ToniK on 5/2/13 11:21pm
Msg #468489

lmao really? I must be real green because I reached out to several Presidents of Title companies and they have given me information on how to get into their database. Hence the reason Im getting my TPL. lol I'll be hunter green all day and cashing my greenbacks at the same d**n time!!!

Reply by Erric Davis on 5/2/13 11:46pm
Msg #468493

With that said, green I'll be. I'll keep calling folks until I'm occupied in the manner in which I see fit.

Reply by Tudi/CA on 5/3/13 1:16am
Msg #468512

I had a similar experience with him. I also took my profile off the site.

Reply by Exclusive Mobile Notary on 5/3/13 12:08am
Msg #468502

7 is about an average day. Last Friday was end of month and I had 13 signings. 7am start until 10pm when the pens were finally put to sleep.

Reply by Matt_VA on 5/3/13 9:16am
Msg #468535

Such BS!

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 5/3/13 9:30am
Msg #468538

"She practically called me a liar, said there's no way that one person could do 7 signings in a day"

When I was doing signings I had one day where I did 10 at $150 each! I started early in the morning and did not get home until just before midnight. I was able to take it easy the rest of the weekSmile
And when I had my signing service NotaryRotary and The Signing Registry were the first places I checked for a signing agent. I didn't have to look further.

Reply by Notarysigner on 5/3/13 9:54am
Msg #468545

Was her name Sally? n/m

Reply by Erric Davis on 5/3/13 1:32pm
Msg #468575

Re: Was her name Sally?

No I believe it was Carmen.

Reply by Carmen/123 on 5/3/13 1:59pm
Msg #468581

Re: Was her name Sally?

I was alerted to this post. That was not me that called you Eric.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 5/3/13 2:33pm
Msg #468591

Oh my - so someone's calling around using your name

Carmen? That's not good at all..

Reply by Erric Davis on 5/3/13 9:13pm
Msg #468664

Re: Oh my - so someone's calling around using your name

Checking my caller ID now... BINGO! Carmen Towles, phone number 310-XXX-6319.

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 5/3/13 10:14pm
Msg #468675

Funny!!

Reply by Carmen/123 on 5/4/13 2:56am
Msg #468696

Eric, I was prepared to let it go..but... if you are going to come on this board and try to slander my name why not tell the truth. Why didn't you tell the group that you called in to the numbers site and left ME a message regarding upgrading YOUR advertising. If you have forgotten who called who I can play that message for you. I saved it. I returned your call and that is how you have the number (and besides my name and number is plastered all over the site and the internet. And I did call it today to make sure I had the correct person) I NEVER EVER tried to hard sell or con you into anything. Most of the members here know me well. That is not what I do. It is not my style. For the most part I discourage unnecessary spending. When I returned your call you asked me how much the prices were for your area (a top position) because you had moved from Callie to Mississipi and wanted to start getting some work and I gave you the price. And yes it was 270.00 or so and I discounted it for you. And, I NEVER called you a liar. I wouldnt do that. But yes sir, I did tell you that it is nearly impossible for anybody to do 7 signings EVERY single day....back in the day that was possible when we didn't have to print.I have even done over 10 in one day. But with things as they are NOW, huge packages, late doc's. etc. that ain't happening for most folks on a regular basis.....and not EVERY day and that is what you told me someone you knew was doing....7 signings EVERY day.

Now, if you didn't like the price i completely understand. But I dont set the prices. The man I work for does. I called myself discounting it down for you to make it more affordable. I really dont appreciate you coming here spinning the conversation to make me out to be some con lady. Most of these folks know me. I have their best interest and our profession at heart at all times and I always will...And as an fyi, I dont call folks about their accounts...to SELL anything. I do INCOMING for sales, information, etc and renewals only. And you are not due for renewal.

I have said my piece and I am done with it. I do wish you success in your business.

~Carmen

Reply by Erric Davis on 5/4/13 3:52pm
Msg #468752

Carmen,

You're not being truthful, but for the sake of sanity I'll let this all go. I'll leave the rest in your inbox.

Erric

Reply by JanetK_CA on 5/6/13 1:13pm
Msg #468918

For the record...

For what it's worth, my experience with Carmen - over many years - has always been consistent with what she said, and I have no reason to doubt her. I nearly always talk to Carmen about anything having to do with that site, if I can help it.

Reply by Erric Davis on 5/7/13 2:20pm
Msg #469040

Re: For the record...

I've recently privately exchanged words with Carmen. We've both come to an amicable understanding. I decided to take our communication off the board because I foresaw an opportunity for the situation to rapidly degrade to an immature stance. I am a person of high morales and integrity for which I will never compromise for anyone. What I said was the truth and nothing but the truth. I was however wrong for putting her name on here for which I've already apologized.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.