Notary Rotary
Tired of all this manadatory training
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2013 Index

Posted by ToniK on 5/1/13 5:59pm
Msg #468152

for basic knowledge in this business. If they just hire qualified knowledgable people and NOT JUST THE LOWEST FEE person maybe they wont need all these training requirements and request not to take orders and then have someone else complete the signings....UGH!!! Its getting out of hand.

Three emails today from different companies talking about all the notary errors and problems they are having and one of them I havent even worked for in almost a year due to extremely slow payment (the top accounting person left) and low fees. And even if you send request to be removed from thier database, you still get emails....

Vent for the day!!! Now back to your regularly scheduled program....

Reply by jba/fl on 5/1/13 6:31pm
Msg #468154

I am as well. Get notices that webinar training coming up and have to contact someone if I don't attend. What - I work. Plus, they send me 'report cards' all the time saying how great I am, so why do I need to go to their train wreck, er, trainings.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 5/1/13 6:54pm
Msg #468158

I got 2 today

One from one company I haven't work for in 4 years

Another from a company I've NEVER worked for yet..

Reply by Notarysigner on 5/1/13 7:46pm
Msg #468165

I did a signing for a SS and afterwards they called me (no assignment) but informing me that if I wanted to be on their priority list, I would have to get a BGC from their vendor and complete some BS TEST.

I told them no and they informed me I would not be placed on their priority notary list and wouldn't get any work. I told her, "well I haven't exactly been sitting in the swing at the playground!" Next day, scheduler calls again. So far I've done three....some list!

Reply by sigtogo/OR on 5/1/13 7:56pm
Msg #468168

Servicelink: 30 minute webinar must complete by 5/10

and the email says its one of many required trainings. great just got another from them. one says I am a new agent with them, the other says new or existing.
wow, really? I don't get very many calls from them except for far away places anymore-clearly someone is doing jobs for less so why should I do this? rhetorical Smile

Reply by sigtogo/OR on 5/1/13 7:59pm
Msg #468169

does this make me an employee if they control training time

I know I could just decline, but good grief. how about judging the work I have done and then decide if I need training.

Reply by NotaryGirl71 on 5/1/13 8:37pm
Msg #468181

Simple Solution...Don't to the training

you won't get business from them, but I am sure you will get business from some one else

Reply by snowflake/PA on 5/1/13 8:42pm
Msg #468183

I think my 29 years of hands on experience trumps any

training that some of these companies may require. If I truly need an answer to a question at settlement, I call the hiring entity. These TCs and SSs are getting ridiculous with their "testing".

Reply by sueharke on 5/1/13 9:23pm
Msg #468193

Re: I think my 29 years of hands on experience trumps any

Since I don't know what is in the training, here is my best guess. The training is set to the lowest skill level of IC, not an experienced notary. If the training were at the level of experienced notaries, most of the new notaries might fail. If the low paying notaries fail and the SS can't hire them, then wages would go up because experienced notaries won't work for low pay.

The other side of the story is the if the lower level notaries can't pass an higher level test, then are the IC qualified to do NSA signing for the TC clients. If not, who will this SS hire?

Reply by NotaryGirl71 on 5/1/13 8:46pm
Msg #468184

Re: Simple Solution...Don't do the training n/m

Reply by NotaryGirl71 on 5/1/13 8:46pm
Msg #468185

Re: Simple Solution...Don't do the training

meant to say do not to

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 5/1/13 8:00pm
Msg #468170

Okay...this is getting annoying..

I've received 4 reminders in the last 2 hours from ServiceLink about their training - this is the company I have yet to work for/with.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 5/1/13 8:05pm
Msg #468171

Re: Okay...this is getting annoying..

Is this training link that you can take any time or is it a scheduled training webinar at a certain day/time that would prevent you from accepting income-generating closings at that same time?

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 5/1/13 8:15pm
Msg #468172

It's a training module that has to be done by

May 10, 2013. I got a reminder 6:57, 6:58, 8:57 and 8:58...

Reply by JimAZ on 5/1/13 10:21pm
Msg #468205

Re: It's a training module that has to be done by

Remember the "Golden Rule" folks. He who has the GOLD, rules. Just do it. I recently got an email from a valued customer telling me I couldn't wear a holy shirt, frayed jeans, sandels and not to fart during the signing. I took the accompanied test and passed the first time due to my common sense. Just do it and follow the "Golden Rule"

Reply by Jack/AL on 5/1/13 10:25pm
Msg #468206

I completed it. T'was 30 minutes of what might be useful

information for newbies. It was well done and interesting. I doubt that HisHughness will declare it provides a plethora of information, or any level of enlightenment, for us Olde Phartz.

Reply by JimAZ on 5/1/13 11:02pm
Msg #468211

Re: I completed it. T'was 30 minutes of what might be useful

ServiceLink reports 80% notary error rate on VA document signing. I welcome any training ServiceLink offers to reduce this problem. JMHO

Reply by VT_Syrup on 5/2/13 8:22am
Msg #468232

Re: I completed it. T'was 30 minutes of what might be useful

The part about not parking in the driveway was obviously put in by someone who doesn't know about rural roads. I can drive for 10 miles and not see a single car parked on the road.

If they wanted to put something useful in about parking, they should warn the rural notaries who have to go to a city to call ahead and find out what form of payment is accepted by the electronic parking system in the city. You can burn your 15 minute cushion just figuring out how to park, and if you didn't bring coins, you might be, um, messed up.

Reply by Lee/AR on 5/2/13 9:49am
Msg #468244

If I parked on the road, the cops would tow the car away

because it was 'abandoned'. Further, I might have a half mile or more walk on a gravel drive to the house. Nope, they don't get rural or even small towns. But, we know how to answer stupid test questions, right?

Reply by Ireneky on 5/2/13 9:50am
Msg #468245

Amen, sister n/m

Reply by mg123 on 5/1/13 11:01pm
Msg #468210

We aren't getting paid for training. Signing Agencies use the cheapest notaries, who are usually the most inexperienced. The way they resolve this issue is by retraining everyone. By doing the training, we encourage them in their misguided ways.

Personally, it's a waste of my time, and in our biz time is $. I put a spam filter on companies that send training emails.

Good notaries will always have loan signings and biz.

Reply by JimAZ on 5/2/13 12:31am
Msg #468218

Sad when we have someone confused about signing companies as opposed to national multi-billion title companies. ServiceLink has 34% of the business. That means they get 1 out of every 3 loans. I'll take and do what ever training they want me to do.

Reply by Jack/AL on 5/2/13 12:46am
Msg #468219

Likewise, JimAZ. About 1/3 of my business is from ServiceLink, and I am not one of the folks who does $65 signings. I hope the company will also clean up its act. It can improve the multiple pages of absurd and repetitious (sometimes conflicting) instructions, and eliminate the outdated (thus untrue) instructions about how we must invoice in order to get paid. They're good to work with and do have a great system for paying us. The biggest problems I've had involved the ServiceLink communications/instructions to us, including the assignment sheets with missing or incorrect phone numbers and borrowers' names on the confirmation sheets not being completely the same as on docs. The docs themselves are usually top-notch! It's just the assignment sheets and notary instuctions that are far off course, but I have noticed some improvements during 2013.

Reply by Donna McDaniel on 5/2/13 8:34am
Msg #468233

Jim, I agree wholeheartedly. How high?!! n/m

Reply by BossLadyMD on 5/2/13 9:03am
Msg #468238

I get ServiceLink loans thru a SS, tired of the training too

This training is getting out of hand. And I do all my ServiceLink loans through a SS anyways and they meet my fee. I have not taken or been offered any training from the SS. So I'm good Smile

Reply by Notarysigner on 5/2/13 11:36am
Msg #468280

While I have nothing against what you are saying

Independent Contractor to me means, you give me the work, I will do it, that's it.

Do NOT tell me how to do it because that makes me an employee. IMO

Reply by SharonMN on 5/2/13 9:58am
Msg #468250

Actually, I think some due diligence is a good thing

It makes me happy to think that the SS and TCs are making some effort to ensure their signing agents are qualified. However, I think it would make more sense to screen people instead of trying to train them. And I'm not talking about asking for a background check or "certification." If I called a notary and asked them to pretend to go through a loan package with me, I could tell in the first 2 minutes if they knew what they were doing or not. The "training" approach is kind of like a homeowner asking their plumber to take their basic plumbing webinar before working on their toilet. Much better to hire somebody qualified to begin with.

Reply by Ronnie_WA on 5/2/13 11:11am
Msg #468269

I gave up ServiceLink 2 yrs ago...

Too much administrative time required to work with them. Cumbersome training, onsite meeting and that aweful invoicing system. If they dropped the invoicing system and just paid like the other title companies, and dropped the newbie teaching for seasoned veterans, then I would work with them in a heartbeat. They do have very nice and efficient folks to work! Always enjoyed the individual interaction with them.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.