Notary Rotary
Title versus SS
Notary Discussion History

Title versus SS
Go Back to May, 2013 Index

Posted by Ali/IL on 5/15/13 2:29pm
Msg #470096

Title versus SS

I had a signing scheduled last night. SS called and said that documents were just emailed.
Instead I got package from title company. The docs were for another closing that didn't happen(notary didn't show up).

I along with borrowers called title company they said would email me the correct ones for this closing. They also insisted that they had sent old package and new package.I told them why should you send old package? Plus, new docs weren't even in those attachments.After going back and forth they told me that they would send them right away this was at 7:30pm. I told borrowers that I needed to go back home and wait for them. An hour later they came with no lenders docs attached. I called and emailed ss and title got no answer.

Today got status call from ss I told them what happened . They said that title should not have sent docs directly to me.

Now, title has called wanting me to go back tonight. Borrower is excited but, ss told me to not talk to title to tell them to call them. Well so far ss has not received an order for me to go back tonight.

I want to be faithful to the party that sent me. Right now don't know what to do.I really don't want to deal with title directly since I was originally contacted by ss. I haven't received a confirmation from either one. I think I will just cancel it.

What do you think?

Reply by CinOH on 5/15/13 2:40pm
Msg #470100

ALWAYS call your hiring party. They are your client. Let them deal with the title company. Don't get yourself in the middle. Let them hash it out.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 5/15/13 2:41pm
Msg #470102

First things first. No confirmation, no job. If TC sends you confirmation, then TC is your hiring company; if SS sends confirmation, then SS is hiring party.

I deal with a few SS who have TC send me docs directly and I have direct contact with EO. In these cases, the SS is who initially contact me, agree to fee, send confirmation and ultimately send the check.

On the flip side, there are the SS's who don't want notary to even breathe in the direction of TC.

Reply by Ali/IL on 5/15/13 2:45pm
Msg #470106

And this is one ss that doesn't want me to talk to title.

I will just wait for ss to call and, I must see a confirmation showing return fees plus printing and trip fee for yesterday.

Been in this business long enough to not go anywhere without a confirmation.

Reply by Clem/CA on 5/15/13 9:19pm
Msg #470170

LOL bill um both. Send a check back from the loudest squeek

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.