Notary Rotary
UPS Once again they have cancelled my acct#
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2013 Index

Posted by Linda Juenger on 5/8/13 3:06pm
Msg #469201

so I cannot order supplies. Went through this 6 months ago. I spent some time today emailing the companies that use UPS and told them what a hassle it is to get supplies and if at all possible to use Fed Ex. Tired of this. I would order enough supplies for a year, but they won't let me. When I ask the local UPS store for legal size envelopes, they hand me 2. lol

Reply by Rita Adu on 5/8/13 3:11pm
Msg #469203

Linda. This has happened to me before. Don't know the history here, but have you contacted them at the 800 number to explain what it is you do? When I told them that I do large volumes of shipping (usually between 30 & 40 drops a month), they allowed me to order 250 envelopes & labels. I told them that the packages are never charged to my account & that's why it appears that I'm inactive, but that's not really the case.

Reply by ToniK on 5/8/13 3:12pm
Msg #469204

I'm experiencing that as well. Never had an account but I can't find supplies anywhere! Drop boxes nada, UPS hub nada. The clerks act stingy when I state can I get a stack of envelope ax they tell they can't give out more than 5.

Reply by Linda Juenger on 5/8/13 3:15pm
Msg #469207

Yes Rita, I have explained and explained over and over again

but I am told it is their computer system and it can't be changed. If an acct is not used, it is deleted. Sooooo frustrating. She advised me that the call may be monitored. I told her that I hope it is and that SOMEONE at the top hears this conversation and does something. I even told her to go to NR and read the comments about UPS. Maybe that will get their attention. lol I doubt it, but worth a try. I think UPS needs to go on the show Undercover Boss.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 5/8/13 4:06pm
Msg #469219

After reading your experience,

decided to order some supplies. Very seldom do I use UPS. My account still open and was able to order limited amounts - 50 of the express paks, 50 of the pouches and 25 of the letter size envelopes. That'll work for now.

Reply by Barb25 on 5/8/13 5:10pm
Msg #469232

Wow. This is such a shame and it all comes down to people...

Just like in our business. Either they are nice or they are not. I had to drop a package a UPS this morning after a signing. The "official" UPS opens at 12 noon and closes at 6 pm... I got there at 11:50. There was a man waiting and I said I guess we have 10 minutes. He said yes. The door is open but the person said you better not come in before 12. He told me he package was held up for some reason. Weather. I don't remember. It was his Meds.. He has pancreatic cancer (terminal) His pain meds were held up in New Orleans. And he was expecting them hopefully. And he explained this to the UPS person who said at 12 could get this resolved.Nice. He said it was not the first time. Again, attitude. I have found our Local FedEx to be really cooperative and suggested he talk with them about his problem for the future. Hopefully he got what he needed. Poor man has enough stress. I just dropped my package in the drop box. The heck with the receipt.

Reply by Priscilla Witman on 5/8/13 5:50pm
Msg #469237

That is so very sad and discouraging, Barb25. :( n/m

Reply by JPH13/MO on 5/8/13 3:14pm
Msg #469205

They let me order a LOT at once, so maybe you just need to call until someone agrees to it like I do. I call their order number and ask for 500 at a time of the cardboard envelopes I use the most, and kept hearing no until I finally called and explained yet again that I am a notary who works with lenders and Ineed a lot of UPS envelopes even though my account never shows me paying for shipment of anything, and finally got someone who agreed to do it, and I got them 2 days later.

Reply by MW/VA on 5/8/13 3:19pm
Msg #469209

I feel your pain. UPS is a PIA. I've order supplies, but they never showed up. My local pack & ship store keeps me supplied. Yes, someone higher up in UPS should know about this particular problem. Our business is unique, but there's a huge volume of shipping involved.

Reply by Linda Juenger on 5/8/13 3:21pm
Msg #469212

Guess I will put my Bit** hat on and DEMAND enough

supplies. LOL I won't give up this time.

Reply by JPH13/MO on 5/8/13 3:25pm
Msg #469213

Yes, tell them other notaries have said they get more!

If we could just get it thru their (thick) heads that it would save their delivery guy a lot of time by allowing us to get a bunch of what we need at one time, and that we really DO need it... but like I said if you just keep calling you will eventually get someone who will place the order for you.

Reply by Stamper_WI on 5/8/13 3:33pm
Msg #469214

I finally worked out an arrangement with the convienience store that has a drop box in front of it. They got the forms for supply orders and I filled out what I needed and the UPS man dropped it off there for me.

Reply by Notarysigner on 5/8/13 3:54pm
Msg #469216

I have the same problem here. I go to six different stores in the area and have discovered, two (same owner) want you to buy legal size envelope, and won't offer UPS ones. Three other ones will give you one envelop to put your package in. The last one, I guess they don't know what they're doing because they are just as nice and friendly and will give you an envelop to take with you for the next time!

Reply by A S Johnson on 5/8/13 3:54pm
Msg #469217

And you think UPS only does this. I have a worse problem with FEDEX. I can't get supplies from them or more than a couple of envelopes from thier terminal of local store.
Mortgage Bankers Association, who had the Master contract with both services should something about this supplies problems.

Reply by SReis on 5/8/13 6:44pm
Msg #469242

Never had a prob getting Fedex supplies

Most of their drop boxes are normally filled and if not the HUB near me always has all of the supplies right out. You can always take as much as you like. I agree UPS though is horrible. If I find any at a random drop box I clean it out (guilty face).

Reply by Luckydog on 5/8/13 7:42pm
Msg #469253

UPS did the same to me. A lot of explaining, and making a new account again. They rarely stock the boxes on either fed ex or ups, and some notaries have posted here they use the envelopes to put the buyers package in. This is why they get tired of stocking boxes. The private UPS stores have to also order supplies, and they make -0- money off of you just dropping off, so they do not like that either. I do not see a solution other than just dealing with it.

Reply by jba/fl on 5/8/13 8:47pm
Msg #469271

" and they make -0- money off of you just dropping off, so they do not like that either."

If I could find drop boxes, I would use them. Their business hours are pitifully short, supplies non-existent. I can sometimes find trucks driving about and waving at the drivers with my package will get them to stop. I always dread getting UPS shipping labels....just too many problems with returning packages.

I have one company that wants a 3 day return and sends the label. If I take it to a store, they tell me they can't take the package in a UPS envelope and will try to sell me a plain brown wrapper for 59 cents. UPS doesn't really care, have told me so, but the store owner won't take it. That leaves me flagging a truck down. Boxes are way out of my area and I'm just not going to do it. I have turned their envelopes inside out and used them, but that still means using tape and is a time waster. If I get the plastic envelopes they are easy to turn inside out, but hard to get the seal right.

I don't have any problems with FedEx at all. I'm between 3 stores, one a hub, and supplies are easily given on request.

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 5/8/13 8:58pm
Msg #469275

My local FedEx hub doesn't seem to stock legal envelops very well either. But, they do have a drop box in my city but UPS pulled theirs.

Since I don't have a local drop box for UPS, I tell everyone that calls for me that I can only ship via FedEx or the TC (or the SS) must agree to pay the extra fee for pickup services or the extra fee for me to travel to another county to drop UPS packages. I have only had one over the last few years agree to the extra fee to use UPS.

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 5/9/13 4:57am
Msg #469301

UPS supplies

Linda I cancelled my account with UPS because they opened an envelope took my name off the docs and billed me because the account number on the shipper label was wrong and that's not the only problem I had with them.
Recently I was desperate for supplies and called them they gave me legal envelopes and pouches with out an account. You should call the customer service.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.