VA Loan - Owner's Affidavit
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2013 Index

Posted by Christine/MN on 5/19/13 8:54am
Msg #470479

Hello,

I had a difficult signing yesterday. I was meeting the borrowers at a location, but didn't realize they'd planned on doing the closing on the tailgate of their SUV. They were rushing to attend an event, so I didn't have an opportunity to review the documentation before they left. Most of the documents were prepared without the BO's middle initial. The Owner's Affidavit had his middle initial printed and he signed without it. The documents were sent directly to the BOs, so I can't reprint the document. What's the best way to rectify? Have the borrower sign with his full name, date and initial? Thanks.

Reply by jba/fl on 5/19/13 9:04am
Msg #470481

You say that was yesterday. Didn't you drop the docs? At this point, it is really not in your hands.

Whether he signed with initials or not, was he consistent in all of his signatures? If so, let it go. Deal with it IF the time comes. He just may be one of those people who never signs his initials.

Reply by Christine/MN on 5/19/13 10:00am
Msg #470487

Hi,

The closing was Saturday evening after the final FedEx pickup. The lender's instructions were to ship no later than the following business day.

The person who did the phone closing told him to sign his name exactly as it was printed on the documents. Some docs said Doe Borrower, others said Doe F. Borrower. This particular document was printed Doe F. Borrower, but he signed it Doe Borrower.

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 5/19/13 10:24am
Msg #470489

There should be a name affidavit with both names did he sign each way?

Reply by Christine/MN on 5/19/13 10:28am
Msg #470491

Yes - he signed both ways on the name affidavit.

Reply by MW/VA on 5/19/13 10:52am
Msg #470496

I'd ship it as is. If there's a problem, they will let you

know.

Reply by Christine/MN on 5/19/13 10:58am
Msg #470497

Re: I'd ship it as is. If there's a problem, they will let you

Thanks very much. I appreciate your post.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.