Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
WHy is this not sitting right with me.....
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2013 Index

Posted by Laurily on 5/2/13 6:17pm
Msg #468410

I need my fellow colleagues help- I Received an email form a a Title Co a BIG very well known one for a signing I did last week-and they emailed me this:

"Hello,

You completed a signing on Date 04/26/2013 , for XXXXX and XXXXX (I -Laurily- omitted names omitted for confidential purposes) . In error you forgot to add (WATA names.). I need your permission to add (WATA name.) to the signing page of the mortgage.

Please provide the name of the county and the Date you acknowledged borrowers. I’ve attached a copy of the signing page for your review.

Thsnk you."

I am not feeling right about this and I have NOT given any permission...has anyone ever heard of this???

Reply by desktopfull on 5/2/13 6:21pm
Msg #468412

One answer: NO! n/m

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 5/2/13 6:29pm
Msg #468414

Oh $%*& No!!!

I've heard about all kinds of crazy requests, so this isn't' surprising. Ridiculous? Yes. I'm not sure about your state's laws... but if were me, I'd tell them to send me the original so I could go back to the borrowers and re-do the notarization. Of course, the re-do would not be back dated, either. That is, provided they could prove I actually made a mistake and aren't looking for something else.

Reply by Laurily on 5/2/13 6:52pm
Msg #468421

Exactly!! It appears to me that they did not draw up the document correctly and are trying to go around another way to make their correction...THERE is NO WAY I am giving them any permission....

Reply by Notarysigner on 5/2/13 6:33pm
Msg #468415

There gonna do it anyway so give them the wrong county

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 5/2/13 6:34pm
Msg #468417

*snort* That would be interesting...

... and actually, if it is for a recorded document, I'd pull a copy of it to see what they did.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 5/2/13 6:46pm
Msg #468420

I would not do it - let them send it to you for correction

if corrections are allowed in your state (not allowed in FL).

Also, why are they asking for county and date? Isn't that in the ack already?

Curious.

Reply by Laurily on 5/2/13 6:54pm
Msg #468422

Re: I would not do it - let them send it to you for correction

Linda EXACTLY! I was thinking the same thing and ironically they sent me the mortgage document of the first page and the signature page but NOT THE NOTARY acknowledgment...!!!

Reply by Ronnie_WA on 5/2/13 7:03pm
Msg #468423

A Notary Public may not grant another Power of Attorney to act in the Notary's capacity. All kinds of legal issues there!! Bet we can all guess who that title company is Smile

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.