Notary Rotary
Why schedule the notary with days in advance
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2013 Index

Posted by Calnotary on 5/7/13 4:58pm
Msg #469064

and then cancel at the very last minute, some companies they just send you an email cancellation.

I have been doing "notaries"* for the past 8+ years and I hate when that happens.

Today I had 3 that got cancelled and 2 that I did not take because I was already booked.

We are so many in this industry why don't you schedule the notary when you have docs on hand?

*I had a conversation with a 20 years+ notary/escrow officer and she told me that she has been doing notaries for the last 20+ years.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Reply by Lee/AR on 5/7/13 5:17pm
Msg #469069

You're a place marker? They may have found a cheapie. n/m

Reply by John E. Rogers on 5/7/13 5:18pm
Msg #469070

Are you referring to NVS? They pay OK and on time but cancel almost 50% of scheduled closings. I have raised this issue with them but they assure me they do not cancel to find a less expensive NSA. No other agency I work with has nearly so many cancellations...hmmmmm! jer/oh

Reply by Calnotary on 5/7/13 5:27pm
Msg #469072

No it's not NVS, it's 3 different companies. I will not work with NVS had a very bad first impression with them a few years back.

Reply by TacomaBoy on 5/7/13 11:26pm
Msg #469106

I agree with Lee. It's a good bet that you are dealing with a SS that "Banks" their signing jobs. Banking signing jobs refers to tying up a notary's schedule days in advance while they look for a different notary who will work for a lower notary fee than you. It's a disgusting business practice that is hard to prove.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.