Notary Rotary
Wondering what I was thinking....I took a signing
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2013 Index

Posted by Linda_H/FL on 5/27/13 4:35pm
Msg #471395

for tomorrow morning at 9:00 - Bank of America refi at the bank - asked scheduler if someone was going to be around on the holiday to get me docs on Monday and he said yes. I should have known better.

Wrote to them this morning and told them I need docs by this evening. No docs yet. Certainly hope they get them to be tonight - or they're in for a surprise tomorrow morning when the notary's not there. I'm not getting up at 6-6:30 on the chance that they showed up.

Reply by Linda Juenger on 5/27/13 5:34pm
Msg #471403

Lender docs could be at the bank, but then there's those title docs that aren't. Good Luck

Reply by Yoli/CA on 5/27/13 6:05pm
Msg #471407

And, of course, no one's answering at their after hours phone number!

That's right, Linda! If they can't be bothered to follow through on their word, why should you be inconvenienced?

Hopefully, you do get docs tonight, though.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 5/28/13 8:56am
Msg #471427

Were docs received timely, Linda? n/m

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 5/28/13 9:11am
Msg #471430

No, they weren't Yoli.. funny you should ask as I

was just going to post a follow-up

I wrote them at 9:15 last night and turned this signing back.

I *just* (10:00am) got an email in response to that one - they're still waiting on HUD approval. BTW, TC is east coast too.

Glad I slept in...I'm really starting to dislike BofA deals -not the company, but BofA.

Reply by Rita Adu on 5/28/13 11:39am
Msg #471440

Was wondering Linda.....and anyone else

When you have signings at the branch, do you call the bank ahead of time to speak with someone there? I've always had problems when the signings are taking place at the banks b/c the staff is not expecting me & won't allow me to conduct a signing there without speaking with someone. This happened Friday. I usually arrive at the bank ahead of time to deal with this, but this one was at 9am and the bank didn't open until 9am.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 5/28/13 12:03pm
Msg #471443

I usually do confirm with the bank - they almost never know

in advance. But I especially made a point to confirm with this BofA as I've had issues with this branch before. Previously, my buyers, buying an out of state property, had all their money in that bank and they had to be there to arrange a wire. Since they chosen the closing location I figured they'd cleared it with the bank - well, they hadn't. And staff was less than polite - they barely granted us a spot to sign in and since it wasn't a BofA deal they would not help us at all - no copies, faxing, nothing.

I do very few branch closings - but I confirm just based on my experience.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 5/28/13 2:08pm
Msg #471455

Re: I usually do confirm with the bank - they almost never know

Same here. I try and call and speak to branch manager the day before - have had that happen with both BOA and Wells Fargo that they didn't know we were coming. But other times they do.

Reply by Exclusive Mobile Notary on 5/28/13 5:35pm
Msg #471480

Re: Was wondering Linda.....and anyone else

I'm banned from a Chase branch because I told the Loan Officer he does a poor job in communicating with his customers. Several customers always talked bad about him and I called him on it one day. ServiceLink now prevents me from doing closings at that branch Smile

Reply by Chris/ILL on 5/28/13 5:43pm
Msg #471483

Re: Was wondering Linda.....and anyone else

If you lost Service Link as a customer you lost nothing.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 5/28/13 6:31pm
Msg #471496

Was wondering what? I don't get your question.

As for this statement - "...told the Loan Officer he does a poor job in communicating with his customers. Several customers always talked bad about him and I called him on it one day. " -

I don't blame SL - why in the world would you do that? Why did you interject yourself into the middle of something that isn't your business. Where was it your place to chastise anyone?

And FWIW, I'll bet it's not SL doing it - I'll bet the LO complained and requested that you be taken off his closings.

JMO

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 5/28/13 6:32pm
Msg #471497

Oh..woops...sorry..never mind first part..now I see

said the blind man.. Smile

Still stand on statement about SL

Reply by Exclusive Mobile Notary on 5/28/13 7:28pm
Msg #471507

Re: Was wondering what? I don't get your question.

Yes, the Loan Officer complained to SVL.

I had the entire phone call recorded where he was yelling at me on the phone after I merely stated to him that I always hear complaints from his customers at signings. I was doing this as a courtesy to him so he was aware of the feedback I receive at signings.

When you hear the same name over and over again and you, as the notary, have to take the frustration from the customer, sometimes you just need to let someone know the truth.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.