Notary Rotary
Wrong Documents...
Notary Discussion History

Wrong Documents...
Go Back to May, 2013 Index

Posted by Robert522TX on 5/14/13 9:03pm
Msg #469973

Wrong Documents...

Just curious...how often do you receive wrong documents? I had a signing tonight, and the final HUD showed client owed $16.81. He blew a gasket, because he was told by LO that there would be no cash involved. He left a message with LO, didn't want me to call the hotline number. He decided to proceed with signing, signed everything, and the LO called and said that I had been given the wrong documents.

Reply by Jim/AL on 5/14/13 9:05pm
Msg #469976

It happens...no way to avoid. Maybe one in a thousand here.

Wrong HUD1...quite common, but also correctable after the closing usually.

Reply by KC Bates on 5/14/13 9:06pm
Msg #469977

that happened to me. I charged them my full fee and added to it for another trip out for notarizing the correct docs.

Reply by Ali/IL on 5/14/13 10:10pm
Msg #469985

I had one tonight. This was a reschedule since notary didn't show up last time. The docs that they sent me were for that closing.
They kept insisting that I had received both packages, I said why should you send me the first package also?
Title told us would send the new package. New package came minus the lenders docs.
I tried contacting title and signing service no one available.
These signing services should be more involved.

Reply by Buddy Young on 5/15/13 12:25am
Msg #470001

Only once: In checking docs after printing, I found 16 pages in the middle that belonged to someone elce. After alerting title, they sent me the correct pages.

Reply by MW/VA on 5/15/13 7:03am
Msg #470017

Not a big deal. They can get him a revised HUD during

the 3 day RTC. IMO the LO was covering himself, since this obviously slipped by him.

Reply by Robert522TX on 5/15/13 7:24am
Msg #470019

Re: Not a big deal. They can get him a revised HUD during

I offered to call myself, but he didn't want that, and called LO himself. Took a few minutes for LO to call back, and he decided to keep signing the papers, slinging them like a kid.
LO told him they would arrange another signing with corrected papers, so he demanded one today, saying that he was going out of town for 3 weeks. I can't accommodate them today, and glad somebody else gets to deal with him.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.