another really moment.....
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2013 Index

Posted by notarydi/CA on 5/18/13 1:30am
Msg #470404

first words out of borrower's mouth to me tonight were:

So, do you have to have a lot of special college education and training to sit and watch people sign papers?

REALLY?

Reply by jba/fl on 5/18/13 8:26am
Msg #470410

Only in interpreting statements such as yours...abnormal

psych class.

Goes to prove: people do not listen to themselves, have no internal monitoring system and are classless as well as just plain stupid at times.

Reply by 101livescan on 5/18/13 8:36am
Msg #470411

A put down artist at best! Don't you just want to club them up side of the head?

I had eight signings yesterday. One was for a HELOC with physician. A new lender I've never heard of TCF from out of state, can't remember now, for $150K...he just bought a house in a divorce situation and it needs a new roof, etc. The price was right, he said.

He was so grateful, respectfully asked me "how long have you been doing this?" Thanks for making this such a smooth and quick process. He had just a few hours break from the hospital and was happy it only took 15 minutes and he could be on his way to enjoy his Friday afternoon break.

I am told that a lot. There are people out there who really do see our value and appreciate getting their loan documents signed accurately and completely with no glitches. One other borrower refi'd his $1.8million home in Montecito, and it was not his first rodeo. He was so grateful I made the trip to him so they could relax at home and not drive into town.

The negative people are a minority, in my experience. Just gotta get in, get her done and move on, quickly and not give them a nanosecond of thought. Plenty of people out there who appreciate what we do!

Reply by Sandra G Holland on 5/18/13 8:52am
Msg #470413

A real estate agent asked me why I was not explaining things like the escrow guy does. I told him I'm not escrow. I'm a notary.

Another borrower was surprised and apparently upset that his real estate agent wasn't called to notarize everything since she is a notary. I never knew she was a notary and she certainly doesn't advertise. She is well known in our town. I looked her up and couldn't find anything. I told the borrower I am a "certified" signing agent and she is a notary. A later question showed he didn't understand, so I told him I took a test to be (pointing to title on business card) and she is a (pointing to title on business card), and she has to be a notary before she can be a signing agent. There were no more questions but at the end, I could still tell he was questioning that in his mind.

I never expected either of those two situations. I've notarized for notaries before.

Reply by notarydi/CA on 5/18/13 9:27am
Msg #470416

wanted to say I had to take a lot of diplomacy classes to handle difficult/rude people, but, kept my mouth shut. gave a brief description of his documents, pointed to where they needed to sign, and was outta there. neighborhood had beautiful peacocks roaming around in the streets, however, they screeched horribly throughout the whole signing.....beautiful creatures, but, they sure were noisy!

Reply by Notarysigner on 5/18/13 9:26am
Msg #470415

Re: another really moment.....I've had one bwr

tell me they didn't think I should get $125.00 for what I was doing so I told them they should tell the LO/TC and maybe they would make an adjustment!

Reply by SharonMN on 5/20/13 9:35am
Msg #470567

Re: another really moment.....I've had one bwr

Wow. Tell them to check what it cost to print the docs at a copy shop and what the taxi fare to and from their house and to UPS/FedEx is. Usually those two things alone are way more than what I charge (and I charge $XXX).

Reply by BrendaTx on 5/18/13 9:32am
Msg #470417

"The Underminers" taking over.

Put a big read "U" on their foreheads.

I have noted in the last year that there is a new class of small insecure people. I am thinking about a fellow in my real life...one who becomes sullen when he is not the center of attention and the smartest in the room. Not even thinking about this forum, but if you thought that I was talking about you, and the shoe fits, wear it. LOL.

Underminers shoot holes and find fault with others' ideas, questions, suggestions, and actions. Even the most innocent remark, suggestion, comment or offer to help becomes fodder to help an Underminer feel better about his/herself and the world. The only ones who are not wrong 99.9% of the time in their own minds, is The Underminer. They are superior to the rest of the world.

The Underminer cannot help her/himself...she/he has to criticize everything that is said by the lowest to the highest, even his bosses. I'll cut it off there...you'll have to read the book! Smile J/k. It's a pet peeve of mine.

Reply by BrendaTx on 5/18/13 9:33am
Msg #470418

Red U, not Read U. LOL

Although, I can read 'em like a book.

Reply by janCA on 5/18/13 9:53am
Msg #470419

Re: Red U, not Read U. LOL

All you have to do is travel over to "JPol", and you'll find a few of them.

Reply by CJ on 5/18/13 10:55am
Msg #470420

I tell them my job is sort of like a stewardess' job:

We know that the the stewardess' job isn't just to pass out juice and peanuts,

I tell them that even though I am just pointing out where to sign, I am prepared for a lot more: I can explain all these docs if necessary, I can get a hold of people after hours if there is a concern, if I miss a signature, I come back on MY time at YOUR convenience, and if I make a big enough mistake, I can go to jail.

Reply by roseIN on 5/19/13 1:02pm
Msg #470507

Re: I tell them my job is sort of like a stewardess' job:

"stewardess" was stricken from the dictionary about 100 years ago
"flight attendant" is now the correct title
same as "just a notary" was stricken from the dictionary about 100 years ago
"signing agent" is now the correct title
PC!

Reply by Robert522TX on 5/18/13 3:23pm
Msg #470431

Re: "The Underminers" - I'm surrounded by them!! Help!!! :) n/m

Reply by BrendaTx on 5/18/13 6:28pm
Msg #470444

Don't hate, Robert. They just want to look smart

at your expense. It's all they know. LOL Smile

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.