Notary Rotary
loan docs
Notary Discussion History

loan docs
Go Back to May, 2013 Index

Posted by Art Vartanian on 5/1/13 11:25pm
Msg #468215

loan docs

which loan docs must be entered in the journal for loan docs?

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 5/1/13 11:56pm
Msg #468217

The ones you notarize n/m

Reply by Buddy Young on 5/2/13 1:40am
Msg #468222

Re: you're kidding, right. n/m

Reply by Notarysigner on 5/2/13 10:09am
Msg #468253

Art hopefully you will not take this wrong/as in bashing, only a re-fresher.
Your profile says "Certified NNA Signing Agent". When I first started, I also went through the NNA. They gave you a book, Certification course. On page 82 (section about Journals) it says, This is a description of the document notarized, either it's exact title as in "Grant Deed", or a general description, as in "a personal Correspondence."
I haven't looked at that book in six years but I found the answer. Nothing more to add except check it out.

Reply by Luckydog on 5/2/13 10:31am
Msg #468260

Some states do not require a journal, although recommended, not required.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 5/2/13 10:33am
Msg #468261

The OP is in CA...which requires a journal and

addresses the requirements quite nicely in their handbook. This info should be known to the OP before he gets his commission.

JMHO

Reply by Yoli/CA on 5/2/13 1:19pm
Msg #468327

Art ...

is this your website: http://www.artsmobilenotary.com/

If so, it says you're a certified loan signing agent and a notary public. Your question is basic Notary 101. Not intending to be harsh, however, you may consider contacting NNA with that question as it appears they're who "trained" you. Apparently, either this didn't stick or it was lacking. Either way, shame on them.

By the way, it's also in our Handbook. Wink

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.