Notary Rotary
newbie here
Notary Discussion History

newbie here
Go Back to May, 2013 Index

Posted by Naleon Kim on 5/21/13 10:42am
Msg #470713

newbie here

Hi I am new and received a cll where someone offred me $55 dollars to do a closng. Any suggestions.

Reply by Naleon Kim on 5/21/13 10:44am
Msg #470716

I am thinking of quitting my job, can i make money enough to not have to work my regular job.

Reply by jnew on 5/21/13 10:47am
Msg #470717

no

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 5/21/13 11:12pm
Msg #470845

Whatever you do, don't quit a job with a steady income or you WILL feel the stress.
I remember when I fancied I could sell real estate PT and work somewhat reduced hours in my reg job.
Couldn't be done - if you want any semblance of a Life. Also, my mentor advised me to put away $5k to start in the biz. So right she was! You need money for licensing, insurances, marketing, assoc. dues, survival, etc. When I saw the size of my pie slice after all that, I knew it wasn't the business for me.

Why would you leave your job before determining if this is the right business for you? You will run yourself ragged. You will want to see how much competition is in your area. Everyone seems to be chasing the same dollar - and the ones with the most miles to travel are the most stressed/disgruntled. Keep in mind that IF you are able to make a profit in your 1st year, every penny of that has to go back into your operations.

Tip: Keep your signings local and/or do gnw for awhile and KEEP your day job

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 5/21/13 10:50am
Msg #470718

No way to truly answer that without knowing more

about you, your location, your experience, etc etc.

If you don't know the answer to your original question "received a cll where someone offred me $55 dollars to do a closng. Any suggestions. " - my suggestion to you is don't quit your day job. You have a lot to learn and getting established with a steady list of clients in this business takes at least one year, sometimes longer.

JMO

Reply by sueharke on 5/21/13 10:51am
Msg #470719

Use the search button to look for lowball fees and why not to take them.

Reply by desktopfull on 5/21/13 11:48am
Msg #470750

Just say: "NO" n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.