Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
not just WHO MOVED MY CHEESE but who shredded it!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2013 Index

Posted by 101livescan on 5/29/13 11:06pm
Msg #471672

Wow. A cool down this week from last month end. I had only about five files today and a couple of OOPS. I spoke with few NASA who informed me they are getting more and more low fee offers. I hope we can all hang together and not buy into accepting these offers and hang out for bigger fees. Dont let yourself be undersold

Reply by Sandra G Holland on 5/29/13 11:09pm
Msg #471674

I have gotten a couple of wrong numbers lately. One asked if he had called Bank of America. I explained to him about being a signing agent. He remembered me. I didn't reckon on this being a side effect of being a signing agent.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 5/30/13 5:50am
Msg #471679

I got an offer yesterday of $100 for a buyer side purchase closing from a well-loved SS on this site. Sorry, but $100 for a buyer purchase is ridiculous!

Reply by 101livescan on 5/30/13 8:05am
Msg #471686

Yesterday afternoon late, I had an assignment, sellers side, got it for $125, 45 pages, 15 miles from home. Since it was at the beach, I didn't mind it at all, but then I had to turn down a 1st and 2nd for $250, no printing. Kicking myself, but ow well. You can only do so much in one day. I had three SSs call me with low fees to print, sign, notarize and faxback. No thanks.

Reply by BobbiCT on 5/30/13 7:29am
Msg #471681

June increase in new notaries and NSAs ...

Remember that mid-June through July is the influx of newly commissioned and/or newly "certified" notaries, particularly in Texas.

Welcome to them! Particularly Notaries PUBLIC getting their commission to help people as PUBLIC officials.

As to new NSAs: BUT their fees may be based on what they learn at the conference, what the vendors who sign them up at the conference are offering, and if they try the standard "...work for less to get your foot in the door" training speech that we've all heard before.

Reply by Robert522TX on 5/30/13 7:48am
Msg #471684

Re: June increase in new notaries and NSAs ...

Why is there an influx of new notaries in Texas during this time period?
Someone around here is already working dirt cheap!
Had a call yesterday to "hurry" 65 miles one way yesterday, but of course my fee wasn't approved....

Reply by Lee/AR on 5/30/13 10:44am
Msg #471694

NNA annual whoop in Austin next weekend

Also have a seminar on starting a signing service---so watch who you accept business from in the future as they may have fallen off the turnip truck yesterday.

Reply by 101livescan on 5/30/13 11:11am
Msg #471699

Re: NNA annual whoop in Austin next weekend

Yep, more scum bag, thieving signing services will abound this summer, can't wait.

Meanwhile, seems like others may be meeting their end with too much competition out there already...companies standing on each other's heads vying for the same little piece of "cheese".

Reply by JanetK_CA on 5/31/13 12:34am
Msg #471782

Re: NNA annual whoop in Austin next weekend

Right! And they're holding NSA training classes all over California (mostly in the south) about now, too. I just got another email promoting it yesterday. This one included a short background on the person teaching the class. Out of curiosity, I did a quick Google search on her and the only thing I could find was that she was an employee of XYZ. (I wonder if she's ever actually done any loan signings...)

So not only will we be facing a fresh crop of wannabe signing services (or NSAs now trying to get an extra piece of the pie by farming out work they can't do themselves), but expect another rash of people coming here asking for help to find business. Oh well...

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 5/30/13 6:29pm
Msg #471750

Or worse. Recently completed probation.

<<Also have a seminar on starting a signing service---so watch who you accept business from in the future as they may have fallen off the turnip truck yesterday.>>

Reply by BobtheElder on 5/31/13 9:21pm
Msg #471894

I'm at about one out of three that I'll do for what I can get them to pay... thus used to be a great gig before all the SS and such got involved. The more middlemen involved the less pie for us I guess.

Need to find something else to do till this passes like bad gas...

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.