Notary Rotary
the TC must have missed it!!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2013 Index

Posted by Buddy Young on 5/29/13 3:32pm
Msg #471641

Did a duel signing last night, buyer and seller. The seller docs had wife's name on them. I asked seller where wife was, seller said nowhere around. After talking to seller he said " I have an inter spousal grant deed." I asked him if he would go get it. In the meantime I had called SS, they called title and title called me back. I explained the situation to title and they said just have the huisband sign the docs and attach the interspousal grant deed and they would have it recorded ( title wanted the original). The husband brough back the interspousal grant deed and it had already been recorded!!!! It wouldn't be the first time title missed something. I attached it to the docs and completed the signing with just his signature.

Reply by Saul Leibowitz on 5/29/13 3:56pm
Msg #471645

There is always a lag between recording and having the document "visible" for searches. As someone who ran a title company I know that is true. I also know that sometimes a document is recorded. And yes, sometimes a timely and correctly recorded document is missed.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.