Notary Rotary
title company referrals
Notary Discussion History

title company referrals
Go Back to May, 2013 Index

Posted by Kathleen Sims on 5/24/13 1:45pm
Msg #471150

title company referrals

How do you begin a referral relationship directly with Title or Escrow companies? The signing companies pay so little and docs are always delivered 1-2 before the signing appointment.
This is no fun.

I've only been signing for 6 months and am getting burned out by the rush docs. You have to sit by the printer waiting for last minute delivery.

HELP!

Reply by Jim/AL on 5/24/13 2:03pm
Msg #471157

Call them and talk to them...sign up with them.

Last minute is the name of the game...may need a new cash resource.

Reply by sueharke on 5/24/13 3:02pm
Msg #471163

Many notaries on this forum state a policy of how much time before the signing the docs must be received by, otherwise the signing appointment may be pushed back. Some notaries even return a signing if docs are not received by a certain time before the appointment. What will your policy be? Make sure it is stated in clearly verbally on the phone and in a followup email to the SS after the confirmation is received. If the SS says "no" to your policy, ask yourself "do I want to deal with this SS?"

Reply by Kathleen Sims on 5/24/13 3:06pm
Msg #471164

Thanks for the suggestions! I definitely need a policy!!

Reply by Blueink_TN on 5/24/13 8:36pm
Msg #471202

The title company will use whatever notary the lender requests. If the lender does not request, they will usually assign the closing to their SS of choice. Target the mortgage companies in your area. Good Luck Smile

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 5/25/13 12:26am
Msg #471225

Hate to tell you . . .

My 1st signing of the day was with a (direct) TC. Appt was noon. Sent email at 10 a.m. Still no docs. Docs came after 11. I didn't sweat it (too much); just let borrower know I'd be there half hour later.

Reply by Dorothy_MI on 5/25/13 8:58am
Msg #471237

Late is the name of the game

for docs at month end whether the assignment comes direct from the title company or through a SS.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.