Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
what do others do to make money in down time?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2013 Index

Posted by Joe/NC on 5/31/13 5:11pm
Msg #471871

I was curious what other signing agents do to make money when signings are slow or there are not enough to keep busy full time.

I know some do GNW type of business but being in NC I cannot charge but $5 per signature and in most cases it doesn't pay for me to go out and do these. I do get calls all the time for auto titles, but turn them away because of our state law not allowing us to charge any additional fees for service or travel.

I am looking for supplemental income for weeks like this one where I got hardly any calls and times when there are slow weeks, Any ideas, let me know if there is any type of income that would give me the same flexibility to make my own hours.

Joe/NC

Reply by ToniK on 5/31/13 5:22pm
Msg #471872

Well I make enough in a month to ride out a slow period but I do GNW, inspections and run a nutrition business. I'm a wellness coach.

Reply by 101livescan on 6/1/13 1:25am
Msg #471913

Wow, what a great line of work! Toni, I would like to sign up for a week of wellness with you coaching me!

When I was unemployed during the mortgage meltdown, I was a "private driver" for wealthy people who don't like to drive, and and I also did wine tours on the Central Coast. (got a few tastings in myself too!) I would do this again in a heart beat!

Reply by lucky/ca on 6/1/13 2:15am
Msg #471915

What is GNW?

Thank you.

Reply by bagger on 6/1/13 7:41am
Msg #471920

I golf, fish, live off of SS (mine and spouse's), and pension.

Reply by Sandra G Holland on 5/31/13 5:39pm
Msg #471873

There always seem to be merchandising jobs. They are very varied. You will find work you like. Try www.NARMS.com. Talk to merchandisers in your local stores to find out which companies to avoid.

Reply by CarolF/NC on 5/31/13 6:01pm
Msg #471877

Goodness Toni is there anything you don't do. :) n/m

Reply by ToniK on 5/31/13 6:11pm
Msg #471878

Lol I'm a hustler!!! I love self employment! n/m

Reply by Ali/IL on 6/1/13 12:12pm
Msg #471954

Re: Lol I'm a hustler!!! I love self employment!

I design and make bridal accesories which I sell online. Really don't do gnw.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.