Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Face cream company tried to pull a fast one
Posted by LKT/CA of CA on 1/15/17 6:02pm Msg #28149
I ordered a trial size of face cream that was featured on Shark Tank. It's $4.99 for shipping, then you have to cancel within 15 days of the order date or you'll be enrolled in automatic shipments to the tune of $85 monthly for the full size product. I didn't see anything on the website about eye cream. Just before finishing the order, a page pops up about eye cream. I didn't click on the image and the only other button to click on said "complete the order". No other option to move forward. I clicked on "complete the order" and somehow ordered the eye cream trial of $7.49 shipping. I thought, "What the...?!? I didn't want any eye cream trial." So $4.99 & 7.49.....I already know what's coming next with these rip off artists.

I placed the order on 12/31/16, they arrived on 1/7/17, I canceled per the instructions that said to send an email to their customer support...did that on 1/9/17. I received an email from them basically acknowledging the email I sent - with no mention of my canceling the auto-ship. The written instructions to cancel shipments said "You will never be billed again and incur no further charges or fees". I thought to myself, "Self...take all the money out of that account, just leave $20. The way that eye cream trial page popped up and somehow hoodwinked me into ordering it, I'll just bet that they'll ignore the cancellation email and try to send the products anyway. YEP!! That's exactly what they did.

Got an automated phone call from B of A's fraud dept. that, in short, said call them or log on to see if I've authorized charges that they declined. Logged on and yep, this company tried to charge my card $85 for the full size face cream and $89.95 for the full size eye cream. {Too bad, only $20 in the account on purpose.} I checked the boxes that I did NOT authorize that transaction and reported it as fraudulent. Had to check a box on the left and type in my initials on the right and B of A immediately canceled the card and they're sending me a new one.

I made sure there's no overdraft coverage on that debit card and purposely keep less than $200. If I order any trial offers, I put just enough to cover the shipping, cancel the membership per instructions, and remove all the money except $20 just to see if the company will try and charge for a product in spite of my cancellation. Shark Tank investors helped finance barracudas instead of entrepreneurs.

The face cream (anti-aging, moisturizer) directions said to use day and night. For me, it's too drying and I have to use another moisturizer on top of that one so I use it at night. It's only a 15 day trial size. PM me if you want the name of the cream. It may ultimately be a good product, however, I don't like be bamboozled into auto shipments when I clearly cancel per their instructions.

PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Face cream company tried to pull a fast one - LKT/CA on 1/15/17 6:02pm
 Extra virgin olive oil is the best and pennies compared -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/15/17 6:10pm
 You can actually create your own products by - Alz on 1/15/17 10:48pm
 All good oils...I've just begun using avocado oil -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/16/17 7:23am
 I use Castrol 5-40 weight - Bear900/CA on 1/16/17 10:02am
 Re: All good oils...I - LKT/CA on 1/16/17 1:11pm
 Re: All good oils...I -  janCA on 1/16/17 2:32pm
 You see, natural beauty is the best...who needs -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/16/17 8:48pm
 It might be worth your while, Lisa, to give Corn Huskers -  Christine/OK on 1/16/17 2:29pm
 Re: Face cream company tried to pull a fast one - pdl/cali on 1/17/17 10:37pm
 Re: Face cream company tried to pull a fast one -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/18/17 8:46am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.