Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Returning Merchandise without a Receipt
Posted by LisaKT/CA of CA on 7/7/19 7:33pm Msg #31272
As of recent months, stores are no longer accepting returns without a receipt if you paid cash (i.e. banknotes, not debit cards). Email receipts are great for those stores offering them. I know Macy’s does. But Walmart and Target aren’t offering email receipts, at least in my area they aren’t. However, if you pay with a credit/debit card, the transaction can be found by just inserting (in the terminal machine) the card used to purchase that items(s).

I mostly use cards anyway since it’s quicker and more convenient for me than fumbling with cash but for Walmart and Target, I’ll definitely just pay with a card, designating a specific card I always use so I don’t have to keep inserting different cards to figure out which one was used for the item. I held up the line one time, doing that and finally the 3rd card inserted was the one....never made that mistake again, though I don’t return a lot of items.

I made a purchase at a sporting goods store today and out of curiosity, asked the cashier of their policy on returns - if I lost the receipt but paid with a card could the transaction be found and he said YES.....they also offered the option for email receipts so I was doubly protected.

I think Bed, Bath, & Beyond is following suit is they haven’t already. The last time I was there, they had a new return policy posted at the registers but I didn’t inquire as to the details. All stores have their specific policy on the number of days you have to return merchandise but my guess is that many can find your transaction if you paid with a credit/debit card instead of cash (banknotes).
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Returning Merchandise without a Receipt - LisaKT/CA on 7/7/19 7:33pm
 Re: Returning Merchandise without a Receipt - Luckydog on 7/8/19 12:15pm
 Re: Returning Merchandise without a Receipt - LisaKT/CA on 7/8/19 9:00pm
 Re: Returning Merchandise without a Receipt -  JanetK_CA on 7/8/19 2:40pm
 Re: Returning Merchandise without a Receipt - LisaKT/CA on 7/8/19 9:07pm
 Re: Returning Merchandise without a Receipt - Luckydog on 7/9/19 4:57pm
 I have an issue with returned items - Carolyn Bodley on 7/10/19 10:40am
 Re: I have an issue with returned items - LisaKT/CA on 7/10/19 4:29pm
 Re: I have an issue with returned items - anotaryinva on 7/11/19 9:10am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.