Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Get your gas everyone!
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 8/31/17 5:38pm Msg #29269
Some gas stations in this area will run out of gas for the Labor Day weekend; I'm not sure why, but some have already started shutting down their pumps. I filled up on Tuesday with no problem and the price was $2.05; today I saw lines forming and spilling out onto the street at some of the local stations and the price had jumped at least 25 cents.

It's going to be a temporary shortage here, probably only until Tuesday or Wednesday, but some people just panic and want to keep their tank topped off.

And of course, as expected, there's the isolated price gouging - reports of a gas station in Dallas selling for $5.99/gal and another in nearby Garland selling at $8.02/gal. They will both hopefully be getting a visit from the TX AG's office - price gouging on gas is specifically verboten here, but that doesn't stop some people.
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Get your gas everyone! - Luckydog on 8/25/17 6:07pm
 Ours went up a dime pergallon today n/m - jnew on 8/26/17 6:39pm
 Re: Get your gas everyone! -  canotaryhere on 8/27/17 10:00pm
 Re: Get your gas everyone! - Luckydog on 8/31/17 4:06pm
 Re: Get your gas everyone! - MikeC/TX on 8/31/17 5:38pm
 Orlando high today $2.79 Friday 9/1 n/m - Luckydog on 9/1/17 5:21pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.