Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: 9-11
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 9/11/18 7:13pm Msg #30578
There are three events I will always remember as far as where I was and what I was doing when they happened - Kennedy's assassination, the moon landing, and 9/11.

A strange story for me with 9/11 - I was living and working on Long Island, just outside of NYC, and was at my desk that morning when our admin assistant announced loudly that something major was happening in the city. The way she found out - her boyfriend was in London and called her to make sure she was OK... We had no idea what was happening, but everyone abandoned work and went on the Internet at that point.

Like just about everyone else who lived in the NYC area, I knew people who were in the towers that day. One was the father of my son's friend, a member of the Port Authority Police Department who responded to the event and lost his life in the process. So the whole thing is permanently etched in my mind...

PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 9-11 - Luckydog on 9/11/18 8:08am
 Re: 9-11 - MikeC/TX on 9/11/18 7:13pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.