Notary Rotary
Affidavits and Jurats
Notary Discussion History

Affidavits and Jurats
Go Back to December, 2003 Index

Posted by Hartford Newbie/CT on 12/29/03 8:49am
Msg #503

Affidavits and Jurats

Not clear on the whole affidavit and jurat procedure. CT notaries/signing agents, do you attach a jurat to all the affidavits in a loan package if the wording isn't already on the document. Should affidavits have the acknowledgement wording either preprinted or attached and then jurat. Also where would I be able to get a manual/reference book on all mortgage docs and how they are handled by a notary during a signing, eg. what gets notarized what requires an acknowledgement if one is not printed, etc. Thank you in advance.

Reply by Hartford Newbie/CT on 12/29/03 5:27pm
Msg #509

Okay so there's no one out there that can give me that information?

Reply by Carolanne_PA on 12/29/03 6:35pm
Msg #511

Some things vary from state to state. I can only comment on what I've seen here in PA. I've seen some affidavits containing jurats and some without them. The only time I have attached either an acknowledgement or jurat was if the one included didn't conform to PA notary law or if there wasn't enough room to place my stamp. Including a jurat or acknowledgement when there is not one present is not a decision a notary can make.

There are several good training manuals out there. When I started I purchased the Signing Registry's Training Manual. I found it very helpful.

Reply by Hartford Newbie/CT on 12/29/03 7:18pm
Msg #513

Thanks and Happy New Year

Reply by Barbs_Mo on 12/29/03 6:19pm
Msg #510

Each state may vary, but if you go to the NNA's site www.nationalnotary.org you can look up and order notary supplies by your state, and including a handbook for your state. You can order jurats and affidavits to have on hand. To get a quicker answer to your questions, you should also join the Signing Registry www.signingregistry.com where you can network with other notaries- same as here. Great support and lots of perks.

Reply by HartfordNewbie/CT on 12/29/03 7:17pm
Msg #512

NNA does not have CT information, and thank you I will check signingregistry for networking info. Happy New Year

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.