Reasons for title/escrow to give me closings
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2003 Index

Posted by LV in WA on 12/23/03 7:12pm
Msg #479

Hi, sister and fellow notaries,

I am trying to market myself with local title, escrow, and home-loan bank officials.  I need specific reasons why they should assign their closings to me instead of doing them In House.  The local businesses have been doing signings in house and not charging the borrowers for them outside the general fee of "lender/escrow/title services."  I would love to hear your ideas.

A few reasons I have determined:
*Free up your office space for more profitable work.  
*Accomodate your clients with tricky schedules.
*I am a profit center for you: Pay me x and charge the client x+y.

If you have more reasons for me to present, I will love you forever.

Thanks lots,
Laura in the Pacific Northwest

Reply by AmyKushma on 12/25/03 10:11pm
Msg #482

I am now working with several title companies locally. The reason they use me is when they are either too busy to do the closing because they are understaffed (employees on vacation or sick or whatever). They close loans outside of their offices and if they have 2 scheduled at the same time (the borrowers are determining the time) they can't be at both places.
I would suggest to starting at a reasonable fee for them to want to use you. Perhaps $50 for local closings. After they are comfortable with you, maybe 3 months later, raise your rates to $75. They would be more enclined to pay you more after seeing your quality work. Good luck!!

Reply by Barbs_MO on 12/27/03 5:14pm
Msg #491

AmyKushma, how have you marketed yourself to these title & escrow companies? Do you do walkins, mailouts? Would love some advice and ideas!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.