Notary Rotary
SIGN ON THE X
Notary Discussion History

SIGN ON THE X
Go Back to June, 2003 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 6/17/03 8:56am
Msg #39

SIGN ON THE X

I TALKED TO A GIRL IN THE OFFICE YESTERDAY AND SHE SAID THEY WERE GOING TO DROP THE FEE THAT THEY PAY THERE NOTARIES FROM 50. TO 45. BECAUSE THEY HAD TO DROP THE FEE THEY CHARGED THE LENDERS SO THEY COULD GET THE LENDERS TO COME BACK TO THEM ( BE MORE COMPETITIVE ) WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT THAT? WHY WOULD THE LENDERS LEAVE THEM?

Reply by Brandy Presnell on 5/3/04 7:48pm
Msg #1805

I am still awaiting payment from a year ago from this company! Their accountant never returns my calls and my e-mails go with no response. I think the fee dropping is bogus, lenders usually charge the borrower $175 for notary service, check it out the next signing you do, it is in the borrower's settlement statement as plain as day.

Reply by linsin on 5/3/04 10:42pm
Msg #1807

I have been wasiting almost a year for payment also. Every time I call they say that the check is in the mail. I will not be doing any signings for them in the future.

Reply by Bob/Ney York on 5/4/04 6:33am
Msg #1810

Had my name taken off there Notary List. They don't pay!

Reply by SHELLY on 5/12/04 12:07pm
Msg #1967

I'VE HEARD ABOUT THAT, WHAT LENDERS DO THEY DEAL WITH?

Reply by Tammy Jurgens on 5/12/04 12:38pm
Msg #1969

E-trade mostly.

Reply by Anonymous on 5/12/04 5:20pm
Msg #1974

i have been working with them for a few years now, true their fees are a bit low but all the volume they give me more than make up for it, and all the girls in the office have always treated me so respectfully. It takes them a little longer than most companies but i couldnt imagine not working with them i know that if i have a problem i can call them and theyll be there, other companies are gone then the clock hits 5

Reply by Anonymous2 on 5/14/04 2:21am
Msg #2033

You should write to etrade or the lender and send them a copy of all the internet complaints about Sign on the X. Perhaps etrade or the lender will route its business to another signing company that actually pays the subcontractor.

If Sign on the X is going to make it rough for you, why not make it rough for them?

The negative comments on this company are not just a few.
Negative comments on other boards as well.

If they are not going to pay you, and you are likely not likely to do business with them again, then turn up the heat. Complain to their clients.

Also, I keep copies of small claims court filing forms. I fill out the form and fax or mail it to those that owe me money. I tell them that it will be filed in 48hours and they will have to pay not only what they owe me plus court court filing fees when I win in small claims court plus collection costs on the judgement.

Almost always I have gotten paid.

Reply by Bob/New York on 5/14/04 7:15am
Msg #2039

Good idea I'm going to do it.

Reply by Indiana Notary on 2/15/05 2:10am
Msg #20643

SIGN ON THE X

I have not had any experience with this company, but I did one closing for Insured Title and did not get paid when I was supposed to be paid. After 6 weeks, I called the accounts payable office and told them if I did not have a check in 5 days, I was filing a complint with the Indiana Secetary of State and the Secetary of State in which their home office is located.
I had a check in 3 days.
The Secetary of State in all states monitors how businesses do business. If The Sec of State gets too many complaints about a company, the company will be investigated.

Try it!

Reply by pattijay on 5/16/04 5:11pm
Msg #2065

They called me the other day and I brought them here... a few pages ago we spoke of them and how they don't pay. I had her look at the comments and asked why should I want to work for them? She says she sees checks leave the office. I told her I would take the one job and if I am not paid in a timely manner I would bring it here to the forum. I'm sure supervisors have seen this also, I'd be embarrased to run such a company. I'd say we all say NO until they change their ways or go out of business.

Reply by nsa on 5/16/04 8:07pm
Msg #2066

Don't work for them: let them go out of business.

There are lots of signing agencies that would pick up the slack.

Their going under would be a lesson to other signing agencies who pay under $75 and who pay late.

Regarding the woman who said she "sees checks leave the office": Those checks are probably for utilities, phone, etc - companies who would cancel services in a minute if the payment was regularly late. We should cancel, too.

Reply by Anonymous on 5/16/04 9:24pm
Msg #2067

Did one closing for them, on April 25, 2003. They paid Aug. 25, 2003. Waiting 120 days for payment for services rendered will destroy most small businesses.

Tell these leeches to go elsewhere to suck blood.

Reply by Cheryl Elliott on 5/17/04 2:09pm
Msg #2076

Sign on the X called me to do a signing for them on Friday, last minute and edocs, in two hours from time of call. I told the scheduler that I don't work for companies who are slow pay, low pay and unethical, and with all the postings on the boards about Sign on the X's reputation, they are not a company I am interested in serving.

Joan Bergstrom and I just published a book "How to Become a Wildly Successful Signing Agent" (www.wildingsignings.com), and we will not include in our BONUS 100 signing service list any company that has no regard for this industry's professionals by offering low pay, then not paying their notaries for 120+ days, or not pay at all.

Reply by Anonymous on 5/17/04 6:25pm
Msg #2080

So you have a lender that is so laggard they get the documents ready only at the last minute, and a signing company that pays the bare minimum -- when it pays -- and probably will pay inexcusably late.

Hmmmm...looks like a no-brainer to me. Glad you gave them the reasons you said "no."

Reply by Oregon on 6/23/04 9:27pm
Msg #3430

e-trade is an online stock trade company. are you confused?

Reply by Thankful on 5/14/04 6:35pm
Msg #2051

Thank you to everyone who posted warnings about this company. When they called me the other day, I knew to say I was "booked solid" for the date they wanted.

Thanks for the warning!

Reply by Fox in PA on 11/29/04 1:30am
Msg #12178

I was getting fed up with them last month...They were 70 days late on payment, but I finally received payment in full...after calling them DAILY for a week straight. THATS WHAT IT TAKES! WE NEED A LIST OF COMPANIES THAT PAY LATE OR NOT AT ALL!! WE NEED THIS NOW!

Reply by BrendaTX on 11/29/04 12:01pm
Msg #12192

Fox on SOX:
"I was getting fed up with them last month...They were 70 days late on payment, but I finally received payment in full...after calling them DAILY for a week straight. THATS WHAT IT TAKES! WE NEED A LIST OF COMPANIES THAT PAY LATE OR NOT AT ALL!! WE NEED THIS NOW!"

Fox -

There are a couple of ways to get this information:

Best Way: Get a notebook and start yourself a list. I will try all but about 3 signing companies at least once. So far, I have collected 100% of my invoices.

Another Way: eMail me and I will send you some links to have a look at - I do not promote the idea of a published Bad List, but I do know where you can find one.

Another Way: Visit notaryrotary.com's pretty orange search button and search for companies that call you to go to work.

Another Way: Visit every forum you know of and search each of them for "No No"

Every forum *I* know of is on my website (mixed in with directories that list notaries).

Http://texnotary.com/tooltime/notarysearch.htm

Reply by Sharon H. - MN on 6/2/05 8:14pm
Msg #41974

Whenever they call, I'm not available. Even if the signing is practically next door, I won't work for them because they won't pay more than $45 and they only pay after you nag them incessantly. Last time it me 118 days to get my check from them. Notaries should just say No to lousy signing companies like Sign on the X!

Reply by Jtvale_PA on 3/1/06 10:51pm
Msg #101227

I'm still waiting for payment for signings I did back in December. I've been calling leaving messages and never getting a response. Based on what I've been reading, it's safe to assume that I might get paid sometime over the summer?

Reply by Realstar on 9/27/07 8:43pm
Msg #213556

Beware of anyone trying to reduce our fees. We do much more work than we get credit for now. Escrow and lenders used to do all we do now and they still make the same money and we get blamed for any mistakes. Call their bluff and stay where you are. Most signers I talk to are charging $75+ and $25 for second set and $25 for edocs. I have been doing this since 1990. And suddenly the Notary is responsible for everything!!!

Reply by Bobby/CA on 2/20/09 2:08pm
Msg #278251

SOX is a deadbeat company who has always abused their notaries. They now pay $50 and going down to $45? 2 yrs ago they paid me $40 and I had to fight for 2 months to get paid for my first signings which came 3 months later. They never paid me again and I finally cut them off and turned them over to the collection agency and collected in full except for 1 2nd trip to one signing that was authorized by the LO. Don't fall for that "Our lenders cut our fee" line, that is what they used on me 2 yrs ago to get me to do it for $40.

Reply by HrdwrkrVA on 7/31/10 12:55pm
Msg #347156

To get your money- SOX it to them! Call everyday & hit

redial for a couple of hours. Works great if you have several phones in the same room: landline, fax, cell. It also ties up their lines & prevents them from scamming other & accepting jobs to scam others!

They owed me $300 (2 signings over 1yr old). I did this during down-time over the course of 1 week & they couldn't pay me fast enough!

I don't know if this is illegal, but I DO know scamming people is illegal!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.