Notary Rotary
Also screwed in California
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2003 Index

Posted by Tina Marie Grimes on 11/11/03 9:55am
Msg #218

I too have been screwed by Victory. I have contacted First American and was told to fax all my confirmations/invoices to them under the assumption that they would be taking care of the notaries. I left them a message yesterday to confirm receipt of my fax and confirm that they would be paying. I stated that if I did not here from them by the end of this week that I would have no recourse but to pursue this matter legally. If I don't here from them I will use Cheryl Elliott's deadbeat letter that she posted on this site 10/15. I think if we all here in California do the same, we might get a response. I will name Victory, E-Loan and First American ELS in my complaint. Everyone of them have been paid for the services rendered but not one of us. I'm even thinking about contacting an attorney, as this could possibly be considered a class action suit if enough of us were out there and it sounds like there is. Let me know what you think!!!

Reply by boingoid from 65.115.183.87 on 11/11/03 3:23pm
Msg #220

I agree 100%. I have already filed papers and just need to find Ray Lewis's home address so I can have him served. Victory has screwed a ton of us and I don't know about you but he bounced 2 checks to me last week.

Reply by Cheryl Elliott on 11/13/03 12:36am
Msg #227

Don't forget to take them to small claims court and get a judgment which can be collected upon...need to know the names of the owners of the company and make them liable/responsible to pay you.

Reply by Tina Marie Grimes on 11/13/03 8:42am
Msg #228

I was hoping I wouldn't have to do that. Can I name First American and E-loan in the claim? And how do I go about getting the names of the owners? I really appreciate all your help on this by the way.

Reply by boingoid from 65.115.183.67 on 11/13/03 12:15am
Msg #231

you need to name Ray Lewis and Ryan Rapp in the small claims. I even have the name of a guy in IN. that will serve the papers for you. He will be serving for me next week. The police were out and talked to Ray yesterday about the bad checks that Victory wrote to me. We all have to stay on this guy until he pays us!!!

Reply by Tina Marie Grimes on 11/25/03 11:37am
Msg #303

Hi!
I just got off the phone with the Sacramento County Small Claims advisory line. I was told that because Victory doesn't have a registered agent in the State of California, I will have to file in the State of Indiana. Is that what you did? If so, don't you have to be there for the court date? I've been thinking that we notaries as a group need to do something. Class action suit or something. Also, has anyone heard from First American yet?
I've been wondering how long did they know that Victory wasn't paying their notaries and when did they stop using them? It would behoove us to find this out because they could be a party to this.

Reply by David Mitchell, Sr. on 11/25/03 12:45pm
Msg #305

Hey Tina, Hi, I'm David. I know you're hot! And take what action you may, but let's also consider the fact that, since it has happened to YOU, perhaps you will take a personal interest in ensuring that like instances never occur with anyone else! What it boils down to is this... Though you want to get paid for your labor (and I definitely believe in that..."PAY ME for my services!"), you also provided a service to the customer, which is why you do what you do (having been "Commissioned by your State to do so")! Now, having said that, let me also say say this. The NNA is the entity that need to be employed to focus upon as well, in conjunction with your efforts to be recompensed for services rendered by other means. The NNA has been around for a long time, and they are the ones who really need to be the voice! The last thing we need is more legislation. But let's face it! If they don't get involved, the government will! And a decision on that level will have collateral effects. So, here's my suggestion to you. Report this issue in a detailed write-up (gather your witnesses or statements from others), submit them to the NNA, and make them do something about it! You're a member, they will do something! They can't simply ignore it! But it will also increase their burden to know the reputation of signing companies that seem to just burst on the scene overnight for just a quick buck, and then vanish by way of the "midnight express," or hide behind a lawsuit protection laws. To make it plain, if the NNA recommends doing business with a particular signing company, then, that's who we, for the most part can feel comfortable doing business with, as opposed to taking our chances with entities like who you're talking about right now! Ok? The money will never come! Chaulk it up as services rendered to your fellow man (PRO BONO)! But, let's also do our best to preclude it from happening to anyone else! And the Church said? Aw, that was a weak Amen.... But it's the truth! There is no point in you going bankrupt to prove a point! Gather a petition and go for it! Turn the heat up! Put them out of business! The society at-large will be better for it! I know that I'll get some never press, but hey, what are we here to do, really? "Be a Witness," right? Thought so! God bless you darling, and if I can help, just let me know.

Reply by emobilenotary from 152.163.253.5 on 11/14/03 5:43pm
Msg #246

The owner of eLoan is Chris Larson. His VP is Steve Majerus. The company is located in Dublin, CA. on Arnold Road.

Reply by Cheryl Yeko on 5/5/04 3:49pm
Msg #1847

Hi, I am working my way through all the posts as I just found this site today....I am anxiously awaiting the additional posts as I have been taken by this company also. It's like a crime novel and I'm waiting for a happy ending ;>

Cheryl

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.