Notary Rotary
Can you believe this?
Notary Discussion History

Can you believe this?
Go Back to November, 2003 Index

Posted by Barbs-MO from 24.207.128.37 on 11/14/03 11:33pm
Msg #249

Can you believe this?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a new notary (as of May 2003) and I just got excited about doing signings for loans a few weeks ago when Kathy sent out an email about members not posting. (She's probably sorry now- cause I am on here a couple times a day!) Anyway, I have marketed myself to about 30 signing companies (gotta start somewhere) and reread Missouri's rules, and took a few tests. Well I realized when I became a notary I lived in St Louis County, and now live in Jefferson County- so I need to have my commission changed. I mailed my stamp off yesterday morning to a place in IL that Greater National Bond told me to send it to with my rider. Last night I was playing on my computer when I got my first call to do a signing! I was so excited but didn't want to appear to anxious. It was from All Around Signing Services. They got my name off Notary Rotary (my free ad!) He faxed me info. He said they normally pay $60, but it would be edocs so he knew it would be more. I quoted $85.00 and he accepted. It was about 7:30 my time (CST) He said he left at 6PM his time but if I have any questions to call. I was so excited. Started putting all my stuff into a brief case when I remembered. I don't have a stamp!!! Wah!!! I had to call him back and explain, apologize, and tell him to please not hold that against me. He laughed, said he was a notary in CA so he knew what it was like. I wonder how much money I will miss out on waiting for my new stamp. So much for trying to be honest! I had to turn down another one today, but it wasn't even in my area, so I turned it down for that reason. I didn't mention my stamp.

Reply by Harry [NR] on 11/15/03 4:15am
Msg #250

:-) Shameless plug... We generally ship our Ultimark flash stamps via United States Priority Mail the day they're ordered. The Ultimark is a premium pre-inked stamp capable of producing up to 20,000 impressions without re-inking. While it sells for about $28 elsewhere (usually with $7 S/H), we sell them for $18 to Basic Members (with $3.85 S/H). Click The Notary Rotary shop tab followed by MO to see the stamp.

Also, as you probably already know, you are required to keep a notarial journal in Missouri. We will be introducing a quality, low-cost journal toward the end of the year. You will no doubt have one by then, but you might keep us in mind for the future. Our journals will be priced at $8 for Premier Members and $12 for Basic Members.

Harry

Reply by Barbs-MO from 24.207.128.37 on 11/15/03 9:40am
Msg #251

Thanks. Well, I have only had to send a check for $7.00, but if I lose a lot of business before it gets here, I will wish I had paid more!

Reply by LA_NOTARY on 11/15/03 7:03pm
Msg #252

Hi Barb-Congrats to you. I am a notary in Louisiana (since '02) and have signed up with about the same amount of agencies also. As you build your biz up and see yourself in the black (after repaying yourself for class fees bond, E&O, stamp & seal, etc), I would strongly recommend that you become a premium member of Notary Rotary. I have been getting a lot of exposure from this site even before I became a premium member. I have a legit part-time biz (Notary Solutions), so any expenses I incur, I can write them off. The Discussion forums are awesome and you won't find a better group of individuals that will share their experiences with you and give you a "heads-up" on issues that we face daily. I have surfed the net extensively and made the choice to join NR. Don't hesitate to ask any questions, even if you think they may sound stupid. We all have been there, done that as newbies so be at ease. Again, congrats and good luck.

Reply by Barbs-MO from 24.207.128.37 on 11/15/03 7:56pm
Msg #253

Thanks for your advise. I am also a member of the Signing Registry- they have a great forum, too. I hope to have a promising career.

Reply by Aurora in Ca on 11/20/03 1:58pm
Msg #286

I actually know the guys from all around signing and they are really great guys, very easy going professional and easy to work with! I did last minute sigining for them and was paid about 2 weeks later! They are notaries so they understand from a notaries stand point!

Reply by Barbs_MO on 11/20/03 6:47pm
Msg #288

Great! Hopefully they will call me now that I have my new stamp!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.