Notary Rotary
Millennium Signing
Notary Discussion History

Millennium Signing
Go Back to October, 2003 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 10/3/03 11:22am
Msg #106

Millennium Signing

I did a notary signing the end of March and still have not been paid. I have called numerous times but still haven't been paid! Has anyone else had trouble with this company? Any suggestions?

Reply by Anonymous on 10/7/03 7:11pm
Msg #117

Did they give you a reason why they are not paying you? Believe me when I tell you that a lot of notary's probably are experiencing the same problem with signing companies. What can we do to make the system work better?

Reply by Judith Goddard Aud on 1/13/04 8:21am
Msg #624

Millennium Rip off & suggestions

I too am yet another one ofMilleniun's rip offs. Same story, did a signing in Sept, numerous calls, re faxing of invoice, messages, etc. NO PAYMENT. I contacted another message board "50 States Notary" and they ended up removing Millenium from the list of signing companies because of so many complaints. I plan to notify other signing company lists to let them know as well. We should all do this for all the firms who don't pay within 30 days. Also I contacted the Lender "Fidelity", same story, they had many complaints, are aware of the problem, Yes, they paid Millenium because YES the loan closed. Thank you for the info to contact Sec Of State, BBB etc. which I also plan to do. Perhaps we should begin requiring these companies to send us info on them like we have to send on ourselves: i.e. Business owners, TIN or SSN, Drivers license #, years in business, etc. They all have impressive web sites so that's not the answer, we need verifiable info in the form of a fax or letter.

Reply by Caril on 1/13/04 4:13pm
Msg #631

Re: Millennium Rip off & suggestions

I say request payment upfront-cashier's check to be overnighted with contract package if they get desperate enough. I sent a letter to Sec of State and filed a complaint with DOC as well. By the rate they are going, no notaries will work for them. ( I hope ) Has anyone gotten paid.

Reply by Anonymous on 1/14/04 11:46am
Msg #642

Ok, here's my two cents on Millennium... got to remain anonymous on this one, though... don't like to do it, but because of their threat to me... I'm staying anonymous. Anyway, I got a call from Millennium to take a signing about 2 months back or so. I accepted the signing and contacted the borrower to confirm. Then all these Millennium horror stories started appearing on the boards. I called Millennium back and told them I have no problem accepting the signing, but I will need a check up-front because of the reputation they are gaining in the notary community. The gal who answered the phone said that the Op's Mgr would never go for that and they would find someone else. She asked if I wanted to talk to the Op's Mgr, but I said "no need if she can't send the check up-front." The next day rolled around and I began to become concerned because I had already committed to the borrower that I would show up that day. Feeling that my neck could be on the line if she lost a lock or something, I decided to call her to see if another notary had called replacing me. She said "no".... and asked why I wasn't coming. Without naming the company, I stated that the company who contracted me, not the lender, would not pay me up-front... and hearing from the notary community they are behind in paying their notaries.. and left it at that. The next day, I get a call from, I guess it was the Op's Mgr, threatening to sue me for slander... that I had contacted the lender (which I had not... I guess the borrower did... and then the lender contacted Millennium). I said to her that I did not contact the lender... I contacted the borrower, because I had made a commitment to her to show up and she wanted to know why I wasn't coming. I told the Op's Mgr that I did not mention her company's name. I also defined "slander" to her... in that it is defined as an act of maliciousness and false misrepresentations to damage another's reputation. She said that they had problems in accounting and that they are only a month behind... (but from the forums, they are much further behind)... I said then how do you consider what I said "slander"... I didn't misrepresent or state any untruths... you just admitted your company is behind! She said, "we have over 10,000 notaries in our database and work with many huge lending operations throughout the nation and have a solid reputation.... blah, blah, blah." Anyway, it turned into a not-so-nice conversation in which she hung up on me. So far, I've not been served with any "slander" suit. I believe she realized that you can't sue someone for slander, when your case is unfounded. For those of you who would not agree with what I did... I'll tell you that I am not one to purposely make trouble for myself... when the borrower asked me why I was not coming... it never occured to me to lie about it... or to leave her hanging as to why I wasn't coming. I live in this town, Millennium doesn't... I won't let my reputation in my community suffer, just because their reputation is suffering in the notary community.

Reply by Bern/NJ on 1/14/04 4:46pm
Msg #645

I am still waiting for payment due from 9/11/03 and have posted before about this issue. I have continued to call and the latest update is that I spoke with Rosemarie on 1/7/04 (the same person I had spoken with previously) and now the story is that they never received my invoice that I faxed to them on 10/1/03 (even though I have the confirmation that it was received by them!! and even though I have been told that payment was issued previously - WHAT SHOULD I BELIEVE? - THE STORY CHANGES DAILY). So I had to give ALL the info again over the phone and she assured me that the Accounting Dept was going to issue it on 1/9/04 (last Friday). It is now 1/14/04 (Wed) and it has not yet arrived. I am willing to give it a few more days but I am baffled by the number of different excuses I have been given over the last 3 months. If/when I receive payment, I will post that information. I am just thankful that this is my one and only experience of this type and I strongly suggest that we all continue to pay careful attention to each other's postings regarding negative (and positive) experiences.

Reply by Nervous Nelly on 1/15/04 9:14pm
Msg #667

I hope they come through. I have two signings coming up with Millennium. My fingers are crossed.

Reply by Ben on 1/15/04 10:31pm
Msg #668

ok, i'll use my real name now...previously known as "anon." I've now (finally) been paid by these deadbeats. I would strongly suggest that you make prepayment a condition of completing the signings. These people have a history of nonpayment, as evidenced by this board (and my personal experience). If enough of us demand it, they will either a) go out of business, or b) shape up.

Reply by notary56 on 2/18/04 8:00pm
Msg #966

Hi Ben,

Your wish came true and they are out of business. Anyone looking to get paid should contact the owners. Maya's real name is Cynthia LeVeque, aka Cynthia Shaffer, aka Cynthia Montenegro. Her and her husband Daniel live in Corona Ca. Try their home phone (909) 898-4784.

Reply by Lisa in Anchorage on 3/17/04 11:13am
Msg #1175

Unfortunately they got to me clear up here in Alaska. I was not aware of Millenniums scheme to steal services. Another lesson learned for the future.

Reply by Cynthia Bryant on 3/16/04 6:57am
Msg #1163

I would not take a signing with this company I have been waiting to be paid for 6 months now on 2 signings

Reply by Tess on 3/16/04 10:15am
Msg #1164

Cynthia.....go back to home page here and check "Company List". It shows that Millennium is out of business. They have been for a couple of months. I heard someone was trying to collect for all the notaries that are owed, but didn't get the info on it since I was lucky enough not to be one.

Reply by anon on 2/3/04 10:52pm
Msg #858

Non Paying Signing Services

can we put together our own list of non-paying companies? This would be helpful to keep by the phone, to consult BEFORE accepting an assignment.

If you'd like to submit deadbeat co's, please post, and I'll put together a list.

I can offer my two submissions now:

Millennium
Notary Direct

Reply by Roger/OH on 2/4/04 12:01am
Msg #859

Re: Non Paying Signing Services

This has been tried several times before. The problem is that there are many variables regarding why a particular SA may have a payment issue with a particular company, while others have not experienced the same problem. For example, there is more than one Millenium - which one did you mean? One has a bad rep, the other quite good. You had a problem with Notary Direct - I was recently paid in about 3 weeks with no problems, so I certainly wouldn't refer to them as "non-paying". Now the big ones we all know about, KMC, Sign on the X, Instafi, Victory and now Bridgespan to name a few, are pretty common knowledge, but you have to be very careful about labeling a company as "non-paying" before you post it that way as gospel. Notary Direct has some pretty specific rules on their confirmation sheet - did you follow all of them to the letter? You will also gain more credibility on this and other boards by using your name and state.

Reply by BOB/ CORAM N.Y. on 2/7/04 6:47am
Msg #895

HAVE HAD TOUBLE GETTING PAID FROM SIGN ON THE "X" FOR WEEKS AND WEEKS.

Reply by sandman on 2/4/04 10:39am
Msg #862

I have closed for the following companies all with no problem:
GAC
Service Link
Trancontinental
Tussi
Loan Closing Services

My largest account is with GAC they pay on the 15th of the following month. great website where you can access your account and see how many orders you have and your monthly invoice. etc.

I think starting a list of the poor payers would be a good idea, since I was just put on with Nations Direct now I know not to do them any favors. Anybody know about emobile notary, EFS or nationwide?

Reply by Sharon Krohn on 2/4/04 10:59am
Msg #864

I would like to submit Ameriquest (California)! Thank you.

Reply by Teresa Guerra on 2/4/04 11:04am
Msg #865

Millennium Signing & Express

Reply by BOB/CORAM,NEW YORK on 2/7/04 7:38am
Msg #896

SIGN ON THE "X"

Reply by Teresa Guerra on 2/4/04 11:47am
Msg #869

I would not be afraid of Millennium. I had the same conversation with a couple of people there. Rosie for one told me they were behind , one of the other girls there told me a lot of people were complaining about not getting paid. Now when you call the phone number there it is a constant busy signal. so I have to belive they are out of business. Maybe starting up in a different name so beware. Have you ever heard of Express signing, although they must be okay, they put me on to this web site.

Reply by Donna Underwood on 10/22/03 12:16am
Msg #155

I am trying to get a payment from Millennium Signing as well. I performed a signing on August 9th and sent them 3 invoices, not to mention calling numerous times. They keep telling me the check is being cut as we speak. I need to know what processes we can go through to get them to pay up.

Reply by Anonymous on 11/18/03 4:03pm
Msg #271

Has anyone been paid yet from Millenium? I am waiting for a payment as well since July and have not recieved anything yet!!!

Reply by Steve/IL on 11/18/03 4:36pm
Msg #273

I thought everyone knew these people were bad news a year and a half ago? Just like Victory Notary, KMC, etc. etc.
We probably need someone to host a board with a list they all stay on if they have more than a dozen complaints over 45days.

Reply by anon on 12/3/03 11:38pm
Msg #349

Wow, thought i was alone with these clowns. Just sent final invoice, and contacted BBB. Local one for them is http://www.labbb.org.

Though i live on the East Coast, I plan to file a small claims action against them soon.

What can we do to make deadbeat companies like this cooperate?

Reply by anon on 12/4/03 5:18pm
Msg #351

Re: Millennium Signing--update

Quick update--I used Cheryl's letter (referencing CA Sec'y of State), and scared them into submission. They are fed ex'ing payment tonight. Thanks for your help!

Reply by Bern/NJ on 1/3/04 7:18pm
Msg #533

Can you tell me exactly what you did that resulted in them finally paying you? I did a signing on 9/11/03 and after numerous phone calls and e-mails, I am still awaiting the $50 that is owed to me. Any info and guidance you can give me will be much appreciated. TIA

Reply by Lorraine George on 1/4/04 12:06pm
Msg #537

Re:Signature Notary, Inc-Gone-Encore Credit and Western Thri

I am trying to post to this board but for some reason it is not allowing me to post or start a new subject-this is an attempt to make it happen.

Signature Notary seems to have vanished out of sight-since Western Thrift and Encore Credit Corp were involved in this closing as well as Fidelity I will give each of them a call. Beware of small upstart signing companies-they are usually fly by night companies. I do good work and get results and expect to be paid. I know everyone has a similiar story.

Lorraine George

Reply by Lorraine George on 1/4/04 12:11pm
Msg #538

Re: Here's three more Companies that owe me

Here are three more companies that I am also waiting on payment from-believe me-if they had to wait two months to get paid-they would be throwing a fit!!!

A Lady Will Assist
American Document Service
24-7

Where's my money Guys and Gals?

Lorraine George

Reply by anon on 1/5/04 8:09pm
Msg #548

Hi: To answer your question, I left numerous messages with the owner of the company, Cynthia Levesque, and also checked with the lender to make sure the loan had closed. This letter (an edited copy of one previously posted here) seemed to do the trick. I assessed a $25 late charge, and insisted that payment be made by overnight courier, or else face legal action. I sent Cynthia this letter, demanding payment within 24 hours (this was after 4 months of collection efforts), before sending it to the California Sec'y of State.

Good luck, and stay away from these clowns!

ATTN: California Secretary of State
Fax: 916-653-9580
From: My Name, Notary Public, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Re: Complaint – Possible Fraud
Pages: 2

CC:
State of California Banking Commission
Cynthia Leveque, Owner, Millennium Signing and Express Services
Land America Financial Group
National Notary Association
Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Office of the Attorney General

To Whom It May Concern:

The purpose of this fax is to bring to your attention a potential fraud perpetuated against me by a loan signing service based out of Corona, CA.

In my capacity as a Notary Public in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, I was contacted by Vanessa at Millennium Signing and Express Services 1307 W. 6th Street Suite 105, Corona CA 92882 (tel: 800-510-7509), on August 8, 2003 to complete a refinance on August 13, 2003 for Land America Financial Group, Inc. Order # XXXXXXXX.

I completed the work assignment as agreed, and invoiced the company per stated instructions. The fee to be paid to me for these services was a total of $50.00, for which payment has not been made. As the invoice is well over 90 days past due, total payment due is now $75.00.

Furthermore a telephone call to Ginny at LandAmerica Financial Group--One Stop (tel: 555-555-5555), the company on whose behalf Millennium was engaged, has confirmed that the loan in question, Loan # VT 1234567 has been closed, and full payment has already been made to Millennium Signing and Express Services.

It is my understanding that, according to federal and state laws, the funds and disbursements incurred by the borrower must be paid.

To date, after numerous phone calls, faxes, multiple dishonest statements purporting that payment will be made, as well as fictitious overnight courier tracking numbers, I still have not received payment from Millennium Signing and Express Services for this signing.

I am aware that your office is not a collection agency. I will, in fact, be turning over to an independent agency the matter of collection.

Rather, the purpose of this fax is to satisfy the question raised in my mind after reading numerous messages on Notary Public message boards, indicating that nonpayment from Millennium Signing and Express Services is a chronic problem. It would appear that Millennium Signing and Express Services, a California company, regularly contracts Notaries Public throughout the US to complete refinance loan document signings and then refuses to make contractually agreed upon payments. This claim is corroborated by the company’s “unfavorable” rating by the Better Business Bureau.

The fact that “Notary Fee” appears on the HUD statement, indicating that the borrower was charged the fee, yet the fee was never disbursed, appears to me to be a violation of banking/notary public law within the state where they conduct business, as well as a violation of banking law with respect to Land America Financial Group, the company which hired them.

It is my hope that your agency will investigate the legitimacy of Millennium Signing and Express Services, to determine if there is in fact a pattern of fraud perpetuated upon Notaries Public, and/or borrowers, in the charging of fees without intention of paying fees, and that you will take the appropriate action.

Together with formal third-party collection, it is my intention to initiate an action in small claims court. In addition, I will bring this matter to the attention of the National Notary Association, Attorney General’s Office of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Southland Better Business Bureau, as well as other appropriate consumer protection agencies.

Please feel free to contact me directly at 555-555-5555 with any further questions. I will be more than happy to provide you with any documentation that you may require, including statements from Land America and fax confirmation of invoices sent to Millennium Signing and Express Services.

Thank you and best regards,

Reply by Bern/NJ on 1/5/04 8:30pm
Msg #549

Thank you SO much so taking the time to provide me with this information...it is very much appreciated. I am going to continue in my efforts to collect the $50 due me for the Sept 11, 2003 signing.

Reply by Anonymous on 1/7/04 10:17pm
Msg #570

(I'm the one who posted the letter). I would suggest assessing a late charge--I assessed $25 for my time and trouble, and got it. Plus, fax them a demand letter, telling them the absolute deadline by which payment is required. If it's not there by then, the faxes start to the CA Sec'y of State. I'll tell you, a call to the receptionist mentioning my plans put a FedEx in the mail that day.

Good luck!

Reply by Anonymous on 1/8/04 2:15pm
Msg #575

Could you post a copy of your demand letter? Thanks.

Reply by anon on 1/9/04 9:47pm
Msg #589

Re: Millennium Signing--Demand Letter

I basically did my demand letter as a final invoice (4th one I sent to them in over 3 months. It worked--they paid. As my buddy used to say, "if you're going to point a gun, you have to be prepared to shoot it." If you don't receive payment by the due date, don't send a 5th invoice, just start pursuing collection efforts, and fax to CA Sec'y of State.

--INVOICE—
FINAL PAST DUE NOTICE

INVOICE DATE: TODAY'S DATE

TO: MILLENNIUM SIGNING SERVICE

FAX: 866-362-2937

FOR:

8/13/03 JANE DOE $50.00
VT#1234567

Late Payment Fee $25.00

Total Due: $75.00

THIS IS YOUR FOURTH AND FINAL NOTICE. YOUR ACCOUNT IS NOW SEVERELY PAST DUE. FULL PAYMENT MUST BE RECEIVED BY 5:00PM (EST) NOVEMBER 28, 2003, TO AVOID LEGAL ACTION OR COLLECTION STATUS. PLEASE REMIT PAYMENT IMMEDIATELY TO:

My Billing Info

Reply by Caril on 1/12/04 3:11pm
Msg #607

Re: Millennium Signing--Demand Letter

Thanks for that info on Millennium, I will fax to CA Secretary of State as well. Could I get the fax number. I reside in Alambama. Thanks for your help.

Reply by Anonymous on 1/5/04 11:23pm
Msg #550

Thanks for the info-I have also been taken by Millennium, Victory Notary, & Instafi-all this in my first year!

Reply by Teresa Guerra on 2/4/04 11:36am
Msg #867

been waiting for the check that isn't in the mail from Millennium since November of last year....I would also like to know how you get them to pay you. Maybe there is more than one company with that name...
curious to know...

Reply by aprils on 2/6/04 4:07pm
Msg #891

I would suggest a complaint to Better Business Bureau, before KMC went under taking thousands in notary dollars with them--I filed a complaint on them and within 2 weeks had a check not for the full amount but still some of it.

Reply by Tina_MA on 12/4/03 8:48pm
Msg #353

Re: Millennium Signing
Posted by anon on 12/3/03 11:38pm

Wow, thought i was alone with these clowns. Just sent final invoice, and contacted BBB. Local one for them is http://www.labbb.org.

Though i live on the East Coast, I plan to file a small claims action against them soon.

What can we do to make deadbeat companies like this cooperate?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If any of you have the information on the lender and the settlement/title co's for the loans you completed, you should inform them immediately about this issue and look to them for payment. The lender/settlement/title co hired this subcontractor (Millennium) and are ultimately responsible for them.

Reply by Anonymous on 1/6/04 12:08am
Msg #553

Sounds like a great idea! We need some way to stay updated on the deadbeats. I got taken by Victory, Millennium & Instafi & felt entirely alone until I found this forum!

Reply by Caril on 1/12/04 3:06pm
Msg #606

Yes, I am in the party as well, I performed a signing, drove over 100 miles and have yet to be paid. I have called, faxed, emailed, written several letters. I have emial our Secretary of State to see what can be done. Looks like Millennium is doing a good business.

Reply by Anonymous on 7/6/04 5:12pm
Msg #3996

I did a notary signing the middle of September 2003 and still have not been paid from Millennium. I called numerous times and was told by Vanessa that they had sent my check in the mail and that it must have gotten lost so they cancelled the check and were going to reissue but as of today, I still have not received anything from them.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.