Notary Rotary
Nations Direct
Notary Discussion History

Nations Direct
Go Back to October, 2003 Index

Posted by Cheryl Elliott on 10/28/03 11:28am
Msg #176

Nations Direct

Just got a call from Jason, will I do a noon signing in my own town for $40....told him my base fee in my own zip is $75. GOTTA HANG TIGHT WITH THE FIGHT AGAINST LOW FEES!!!

Reply by Anonymous on 10/28/03 7:02pm
Msg #178

About a month ago, I received a call from Nations Direct for a signing. The caller explained that it was a Land America package which was somewhat smaller. It only paid $40. I told him I didn't do $40 signings. The next day another scheduler called offering me the same assignment for $40. I told her I didn't do $40 signings. This past week I got another call from them, this time for $30. It was in another county. I explained if I didn't do $40 signings I certainly don't do $30 signings.

I believe the reason this is happening is two fold. First, there are some of us who consider this our primary occupation. Then there are others that do this on the way home from work to pick up some extra money. This statement is not meant to be disparaging to anyone, just my own perception. Until companies find a way to differentiate between the two, this problem will exist. Second, if SA's are feeling the pinch so are the companies. I had one company tell me that all their schedulers are now working from home. I imagine some companies have even folded. The ones who are trying to hold on are either taking longer to pay or paying less to reserve capital funds. This is a decision they will need to make in order to effectively run their business. Not doing $30 and $40 is mine.

Reply by Cheryl Elliott on 10/28/03 9:59pm
Msg #179

Re: Re: Nations Direct

All I know is I'm holding out for the bigger pieces of the pie, and also I will be really made at myself if I'm out there doing a $50 signing, and I'm too busy to do a $100, or more, signing. When I started out in this biz a couple years ago (is that all??), I kissed a lot of frogs...don't do that any more either.

Reply by Tina_MA on 11/17/03 10:41pm
Msg #260

Message # 176 of 259 Posted on 10/28/2003 11:28:00 AM

Nations Direct By Cheryl Elliott

"Just got a call from Jason, will I do a noon signing in my own town for $40....told him my base fee in my own zip is $75. GOTTA HANG TIGHT WITH THE FIGHT AGAINST LOW FEES!!! "

This company called me the other day to do a signing an hour drive from my home. I told them I was available and quoted my fee.

I laughed out loud when he said the highest he could go was $40.00. Gave me some song and dance about the business being slow and that they wouldn't be able to come up on their fees for awhile.

I said no and was still asked if I would consider it. I laughed some more. It was the best laugh I had all day.

Reply by Cheryl Elliott on 11/18/03 3:34pm
Msg #268

Way to go...we must stick together....wonder if Jason is thinking on a new line of work....I'm not about to make it any easier on him going forward.

Reply by Anonymous on 11/18/03 3:52pm
Msg #270

Sorry guys - I was unaware of this site until today and have accepted work from Nations Direct in the last month. They promised any work in this area would come exclusively to me if I agreed to work fro such a low price. Was I mistaken when I found out they called a girlfriend of mine!!! I will not accept any furhter jobs from them!!

Reply by JPMyra on 11/18/03 6:02pm
Msg #275

Don't work for anyone who deals with ditech............PERIOD!!

Reply by Roger/Ohio on 11/18/03 8:40pm
Msg #277

Disagree about DiTech

I'd disagree with the blanket statement to not deal with companies doing DiTech. They are one of the biggest lenders out there, and to ignore them could be cutting yourself off from a potentially very good volume of business. I'm not fan of the faxbacks, but the packages are almost always
the same, the borrowers know what numbers to expect, and I usually finish in 20 minutes or so. Just as there are always companies to avoid
who may not do DiTechs, there are a lot of good companies that DO use them. Each to his own experience, but I cut my signing teeth on DiTechs years ago, and I think they are among the easiest packages in the industry.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.