Notary Rotary
Proposed NNA Fees for Edocs
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2003 Index

Posted by Cheryl Elliott on 10/24/03 8:26am
Msg #160

I believe the fees proposed to compensate the professional signing agent ARE INSULTINGLY PALTRY, because:

1) $25 is merely a dent in the cost of toner, paper and other overhead expenses incurred by the notary to maintain this service. Packages can be as much as 100 pages for a single package, times two if its a piggy back pkg, printing one for borrower and one for signing that is returned to title/escrow or lender.

2) The precious time you are spending at the PC and Printer station to make sure everything comes out the way it should, orderly, preventing paper jams, QA to ensure you have two identical packages, you could be out doing another signing...but you can't because you're stuck behind the desk. You're actually missing out on $75, $100, $150, or $200-300 while you're accommodating the edoc capability for a lousy $25! Don't forget to factor in the wear and tear on you and your equipment! It's like mileage and wear and tear on your car!

3) It behooves you, the Professional, to tell the title/escrow or lender source, they need to overnight the docs to you at a cost of only $25 to $30 so that you don't suffer wear and tear and work for nothing!

Just my sentiments. I'm way too busy to be controlled by the lack of organization of these lenders who insult me by balking at my stated fee of $50 to print out documents. And now the NNA proposes a fee structure that suggests only $25 for edocs!

Reply by Ogdoad on 11/4/03 4:19pm
Msg #192

Damn straight Bubba!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.