Notary Rotary
How do you take a vacation?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2004 Index

Posted by nsa on 4/25/04 8:25pm
Msg #1648

I have been a nsa for years but just went full time last fall.

How does a gal take a vacation in this business? I have some very serious competitors in my area and nobody is sharin' nothin'.

Have you been able to find a local notary who will fill in while you are gone without bogarting your clients? How did you do this? I'm scared to try.

So far, I see my next few years of vacations being in December and early January, when there is little work anyway. I just booked a vacation in Mazatlan the first week of December. That carrot will get me through the summer.

But I wonder if I will ever see Paris in the springtime again. Sigh.....

Reply by Joan-OH on 4/25/04 10:16pm
Msg #1650

I usually take my vacation the last week of November or early December anyway. Definitely head south away from Chilly Ohio. We have decided to do it in February this next year. The winters are just too long.

I'm lucky in that my brother & I share work. When I go out of town where I cannot be reached on my cell, my away message says to call him for signings. If the phone does work, I book for the next week & refer everything else.

I know what you mean about referring. I am lucky that my brother & I work for the same companies & if one isn't available, they use the other....so we rarely have to turn anything down. As a matter of fact, he did mention going out of town later this week.

Joan

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.