Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
I have not received payment. What should I do?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2004 Index

Posted by Amanda on 4/22/04 7:29pm
Msg #1612

Hello Everyone,

I am in need of advise. I did a loan signing about 1 month ago. I have not received payment yet. I e-mailed the company and I have received any response. What should I do? I have been doing this for a few months only. And I am not sure how much longer I should wait, before I start calling them. Please keep in mind I e-mailed him yesterday.

Thanks Everyone

Reply by Roger/OH on 4/22/04 8:37pm
Msg #1614

Before accepting an assignment, you should ask what the company's payment schedule is. These vary widely, and a 45 day wait is not at all unusual.

Reply by dbs on 4/28/04 4:41pm
Msg #1701

You have to hound them!! This has happened to me. They thought I would just sit back and wait. With the law office experience, I knew my rights and don't let them push you around. Just send them letters and call every day. Demand the payment by a certain date or they will be contacted by your lawyer.

Reply by Larry on 4/28/04 7:23pm
Msg #1710

Would you mind sharing the names of the companied that aren't paying you?

Thanks!!!!

Reply by Ninna Mantooth-Lopez on 4/29/04 8:31am
Msg #1721

Larry... I'm always hesitant to refer to a company by name on any forum, unless, in fact, my issues are not being resolved. They did finally pay me after I threatened to post their name... so I feel that I would be acting unprofessionally if after resolution, although late, I posted their name.

Reply by Brenda Stone on 4/29/04 4:56pm
Msg #1742

Ninna: Re: I have not received payment. What should I do?

Ninna: You are the voice of reason on this one.

I am with you, but first let me say that I do look over the bad names posted so I am not so innocent. I agree we need to know some of this information.

However, there has to be a better way of handling this entire situation. It seems there should be a way to protect ourselves. But, Ninna, I'll wager even the good SA's do not care for this. It is bad business for notaries to post this information. But, yes, we do need recourse for this problem.

Here is the kicker: Do we really think that signing agencies are not going to catch on to it and begin their own list of Notaries We Should Not Use?

Something to think about.

Brenda

Reply by Ninna Mantooth-Lopez on 4/28/04 7:12pm
Msg #1709

I usually give them 45 days.... then I start getting busy. I had one recently that ended up being 70 days out before I finally got paid. But you must be persistent... I started out friendly enough... just reminding them of the payment that was due me. Only after I called several times, left messages, faxed, and e-mailed, did I start with threatening them. I sent an e-mail to everyone in the company that I had an e-mail address for and told them "if I don't get payment by such-and-such date, I am prepared to do the following": 1. post on every notary forum I can find that I haven't been paid and name their company... 2. contact the lender to complain... and 3. file a complaint with the state attorney general's office... (I did not threaten suit, as I thought maybe these threats alone would get someone's attention)... that very day, I got a call from one of the e-mail recipients. She had a check to me within 2 days. But as one of the posters said... "hound, hound, hound".

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.