Notary Rotary
Sign in the X
Notary Discussion History

Sign in the X
Go Back to April, 2004 Index

Posted by Micehlle on 4/21/04 2:53pm
Msg #1588

Sign in the X

Anyone work with them before. Do they pay timely?

Reply by Derrick on 4/21/04 3:16pm
Msg #1589

Run from them. They pay very slow, I am talking I have not been paid for a signing I did on Feb 03, 2003. All I get is excuses, checks in the mail, or we did not receive your invoice, or will send it out today. Not worth the $45 they say they are going to pay you.

Reply by sue on 4/21/04 3:46pm
Msg #1590

I did one last summer and had to contact the title company and put a little bug in their ear about the civil suit I was about to file with them and the borrowers being listed as witness. they called OTX and then OTX still had to gall to call and lie and tell me the check was sent on I believe Tuesday (the day prior to my phone calls) and it was postmarked Thursday. I did receive $100 and I remember a girl, I think her name was Missy or Melissa, asking if I couldn't lower it and 'do them a favor'. I politely told her that I didn't do favors for companies that didn't send a volume of work my way and thank goodness I didn't since they apparently don't like to pay their notaries.

my thoughts are that any company that lies and gives the run around and doesn't pay on a set schedule is in trouble. those thoughts aren't directed just at OTX but at any company that consistently has a bad rep for nontimely payment and constant check's in the mail/ap girl isn't in/will research your invoice/(and my all time favorite) we have no record of this order (until you fax them a copy)

Reply by Bob/ Coram, NY on 4/21/04 7:34pm
Msg #1594

Don't work for them they don't pay.Unless you keep calling them. Why work for a company that only pays $45.00 and they don't tell the truth about when they will pay when there so many good company's out there to work for.

Reply by Micehelle on 4/21/04 7:48pm
Msg #1595

Sorry I meant Sign "ON" the X . .

However, it still seems like this is still the same company everyones referring to. They offered $45 but I told them my minimum is $50 and they said o.k. Wow, seems like a company I don't need to do business with.

Reply by doug on 4/24/04 5:51pm
Msg #1638

Re: Sorry I meant Sign "ON" the X . .

Have been receiving a steady stream of calls out of nowhere from these people as of late. From what I am reading on this board, it sounds like they have depleted their source of notaries in the new york area.

Reply by Bob/New York on 4/25/04 10:40am
Msg #1640

Please don't work for them they just don't pay there notary's. Did one last sept they only pay $45.00 it took me till last febuary to get paid. I called almost everyday, they keep telling me the check was in the mail. There are just so many good company's out there to work for who pay there notary's on time.

Reply by Doug/NY on 4/25/04 4:11pm
Msg #1641

Bob thanks for the info. I didn't accept any work from them even though they called a few times. Not that I am adverse to taking on new work, but I didn't trust them from the first conversation I had with them. It went something like this: " Well we have plenty of notaries in your area, but we can't seem to find anyone to do this signing on Saturday." Now I know that if one of my steadies that gives me a lot of work, pays on time, and treats me with respect and consideration was in a jam for whatever reason, if they called me, I would bend over backwards to make the appiontment. It seems as though my theory was right, that by not paying, they have alienated their source of notaries in our area, and are looking for some "fresh meat". No thanks, I have plenty of work from good paying pleasant companies.

Reply by Bob/Coram NY on 4/25/04 7:54pm
Msg #1643

Doug, At one time "On The X" was a good company to work for thay did alot of Ditech.com closing. I did alot of work for them. A couple years ago, I guess for what ever, Ditech dropped them. And it was down hill from there.
Like i said there are alot of really good company's you can work for.

Reply by Bob/New York on 4/25/04 8:02pm
Msg #1644

Doug are you from East Northport?

Bob

Reply by Doug on 4/25/04 8:31pm
Msg #1649

Yes, Do I know you?

Reply by Bob /Coram New York on 4/26/04 5:18am
Msg #1652

Doug,
Moved to Coram 7 years ago lived in Northport for over 40 years.

Reply by Doug on 4/26/04 8:04am
Msg #1654

Cool, I have lived in Northport for about 13 years. Been doing the NSA thing for awhile now. Never really hung on any of the boards, but you can sure get good info here. Beware of Speedy Signings out of N.J. Did a signing for them last October, still havn't gotten paid yet.

Reply by Bob/New York on 4/26/04 3:44pm
Msg #1664

hi doug,
Lived up by the Norwood Ave school.

Reply by Doug on 4/26/04 5:28pm
Msg #1668

I know the area well, nice part of town. Why did you move out east?

Reply by bob/ny on 4/26/04 6:17pm
Msg #1669

Took on a wife and it's a little less money to live here in coram. my mother and father still live in Northport so I get there every couple of weeks or so.

Reply by Doug on 4/26/04 6:28pm
Msg #1670

Bob, have you noticed it slowed down the last week or so?

Reply by Bob/New York on 4/26/04 7:54pm
Msg #1671

The bottom came out. The last week of the April you would think it would be busy. I hope it picks up in May.

Reply by Anonymous on 4/26/04 4:47pm
Msg #1665

Agree, Bob. We are still waiting payments from January. Same excuses, no invoice, etc., etc. We now have stopped accepting their referrals. I wonder if they are still in business. Anyone know?

Reply by Bob/ New York on 4/26/04 7:58pm
Msg #1672

Doug from New York said he got a call from them last weekend but turned them down.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.