Opinions on Laser Printers???
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2004 Index

Posted by Curious George on 4/17/04 2:42pm
Msg #1540

Hey Folks,
Hope everyone is having a great month.... Am requesting any opinons or info. on Laser Printers.......???? Am in the market to purchase one and would love to hear your opinions and favorites.....

Also, if any of you have a Dell computer your opinions on your system performance and dependability and what you think of the company would be much appreciated.....Thanks for your time I look forward to hearing your responses...

Reply by Joan-OH on 4/17/04 4:04pm
Msg #1542

Hi Curious George.

We just purchased our 4th Dell for my daughter at college. We love them. The only one we had problems with was my hubby's who had Windows ME on it. He got a new computer & we are upgrading his old one with Windows XP. It should make all the difference. Personally, I wouldn't buy anything else. Being a business owner, I found better deals & a more loaded systems at http://dell.com/biz

Since it is the business section, the computers naturally already come with more options & if you watch, a lot of times they will have 24hr or 48hr sales. After rebates, we paid $600 for our last system & boy was it loaded.

As for printers, save yourself some headaches & just go for the HP with the PCL language. Other printers have the PCL "compliant", but it is not HP's PCL. So some work & some don't. I have the HP3330 that I purchased for $699 + tax. I also purchased 2 HP3300's for my brother & niece @ $300 + shipping. It is currently less than that. With HP's PCL, 32 MB Ram, you can't go wrong. I have NEVER had a problem downloading docs. As a matter of fact, in the online directories, I point out that I have HP laser equipment & have never had printing issues. Callers have mentioned this is the reason they call me. You can't imagine how many times I have saved someone's loan because some other notary couldn't print it. I also get paid more when I "rescue" them.

For the best price on an HP 3300 go to this web address.

http://www.compu-america.com/prodLG.jsp?fap=bizrate&prodId=f1185497a4.180001

Don't worry about it being refurbished. It does not mean they were used. My information indicates they were just pulled off the line for a quality check & since they are out of serial number order, HP does not sell as new. You do, however, get the full 1 year warranty, just like a new one.

Good Luck.

Joan-OH

Reply by Pat on 4/17/04 4:18pm
Msg #1543

Last year, after starting my notary business, I purchased a Dell Laser printer, and within a couple of months replaced my "ancient" 1998 computer with a Dell Dimension and Flat Screen. I've been extremely happy my decision. I purchased additional memory for both to accommodate the needs of this business. Dell, at the time, was offering a small business loan, with 60 days same as cash, which I took advantage of. I've never had one minutes problem with any of my Dell equipment.

I LOVE MY DELL EQUIPMENT AND THEY ARE A GREAT COMPANY TO DO BUSINESS WITH. BEST OF ALL THE PRICES ARE REASONABLE.

Reply by Charlie ( Notary Plus ) on 4/17/04 6:59pm
Msg #1546

I have a Dell S2500 ( B & W ) 22 ppm . 1200 x 1200 w/extra tray for 8.5 x14
paid 620.00 . not bad

Reply by curious george on 5/1/04 9:21am
Msg #1775

thank you for all your info ....i appreciate it

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.